|Employer||Nooksack Valley School District|
|Job Description||Tutors students individually or in small groups in a variety of learning activities.
Communicates with teachers concerning individual student progress
Possesses the ability to understand the benchmarks in reading, writing, and math and being able to apply them in groups or with individual students
Assist teacher in maintaining records, logs, charts, assignments and other records for student assessment progress
Monitors student behavior in classrooms, halls at lunch and promotes safe and appropriate student behavior
Assists students with mastery of interpersonal and personal skills; listens to student confidences and refers problems to appropriate staff
Establishes and maintains effective communication with student, staff and parents
Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner with both students and adults
Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish preferred
|Employer||Northwest Workforce Council|
|Job Description||The Coordinator performs work to deliver employment and/or vocational training services to job seekers and workforce services to businesses. The Coordinator’s job is to link between and within systems and industries in order to help individuals at all steps in their career path and become self-sufficient through employment.
• Ongoing coordination for trainees and job seekers including: recruitment, determination of eligibility, assessment, development of an employment and training plan and assistance with job search
• Services to meet businesses’ workforce skill needs
|Employer||Northwest Workforce Council|
|Job Description||The Fiscal Technician position is primarily responsible for the production and maintenance of payroll, accounts payable and accounting related process including participant data validation systems for Northwest Workforce Council (NWC), a private, not-for-profit corporation operating employment and training programs in Island, San Juan, Skagit and Whatcom counties. NWC uses SAGE/MIP Fund-based accounting software, including Payroll and HR modules, as its main accounting platform.
NWC is a recipient of multiple funding sources in addition to the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA). Reports to the Financial Director. The Fiscal Technician is accountable for maintaining proper separation of duties and internal control procedures.
|Position||Financial Director/Grants Manager|
|Employer||Northwest Workforce Council|
|Job Description||The Financial Director is the chief financial officer of the Northwest Workforce Council (NWC), a private, non-profit corporation conducting workforce development programs and activities in four counties: Whatcom, Skagit, Island, and San Juan. The Financial Director develops/oversees agency and grant/contract budgets, and tracks and forecasts expenditures: responsible for the integration of financial and participant data for management information system reporting and performance analysis, with responsibility for the management and operation of fiscal accounting systems, including the evaluation and improvement of those systems. Responsibilities also include tracking and reconciling multiple grants and contracts, which may involve contractors, government agencies and other funding sources; integrating new funding sources into existing accounting structures; and responsible for managing the fiscal unit employees of the NWC. Guidelines are available in the form of regulations, policies, and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). However, employees are confronted with situations requiring considerable initiative and judgment in reviewing and interpreting guidelines and in adapting them to the NWC’s conditions and needs. This position works closely with the Executive Director, the Deputy Director and program management staff as part of the Council’s management team, reporting directly to the Deputy Director.|
|Employer||Lake Whatcom Residential & Treatment Center|
|Job Description||The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is an exempt position working with adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses. The CNA is responsible for providing services to residents at the Alabama St. Assisted Living Facility (ALF) in accordance with WAC 388-78A (Boarding Home Rules) and WAC 246-841-400 (Standards of Practice for Nursing Assistants).|
|Position||Head Start/ELC Teacher Assistant|
|Employer||Samish Indian Nation|
|Job Description||1. Assists in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the Lead Teacher. Planned activities and experiences should be developmentally appropriate, engaging, exploratory, and in line with the early childhood philosophy of the program
2. Maintains an understanding of Head Start regulations and licensing WACs, and supports the center by understanding the importance of all regulations, implementing systems to comply with all regulations, and striving for full compliance every day
3. Assists in health and developmental screenings as appropriate, and utilizes all screening results to plan for and meet the individual needs of all children
4. Assists in establishing a successful classroom environment including room arrangement with proper zoning, child-accessible materials to include sensory, open-ended, creative, and exploratory materials, an orderly set up/clean up system, a visual schedule of daily activities, meaningful child work on display throughout the classroom, and a focus on natural elements, calming décor, and cultural relevance
5. Assists in classroom documentation and implementation of individualization to include regular child observations, portfolios of developmental progress, individualized learning plans, lesson planning, and regular, ongoing assessments as guided by the Lead Teacher
6. Establishes supportive and respectful relationships with all families, demonstrating the importance of parent involvement in the child’s learning process. Engages and implements parent activities and opportunities for involvement including culturally relevant and anti-bias classroom curriculum, reflective of the families enrolled in the center
7. Supports safe and orderly transportation of children, ensuring that proper seat restraints are used at all times and all safety regulations are followed during bus transportation
8. Helps children engage in meaningful conversations with teachers and with peers by providing conversational feedback loops, language modeling, and high quality, effective interactions throughout the day
9. Assists with providing positive guidance to children with successful classroom management, and demonstrates clear limits and expectations according to developmentally appropriate practices
10. Eats with and assists children in the development of self-help skills and sound nutritional practices during family-style meal service
11. Assists with center record keeping in compliance with the policies and procedures of the program including attendance, meal counts, health checks, etc
12. Maintains confidentiality for all children, families, and staff. Exercises appropriate discretion in information sharing with other staff as it applies to job responsibilities on a need-to-know basis
13. Attends training as relevant to staff development plans and required continuing education. Maintains current certification for First Aid, CPR, Food Handler’s Permit, and Health Checks. Understands and complies with CPS mandated reporting requirements for child abuse and neglect
14. Other duties as assigned
|Employer||Atlas Chiropractic, Massage and Wellness Center|
|Job Description||Our busy doctor’s office seeks energetic, reliable, and outgoing medical billing person. We offer consistent hours and do not require weekend availability. Excellent phone and customer service skills required. Successful candidate can efficiently manage a project from beginning to end. Bring your skills and positive attitude; we can train you on the rest.|
|Position||Production Assistant Intern|
|Job Description||TOKU-E is a biotechnology company that manufactures and sells antibiotics, chemical reagents, and filtration devices for in-vitro scientific research.
We will provide in-house training for production assistants to conduct the following job duties according to quality standards:
– Safely and accurately packaging laboratory chemicals
The position will be part-time with working hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm. The hours are flexible so we are willing to work with students currently enrolled in school. Depending on our needs and your schedule, there is potential to receive more hours. We are looking to fill multiple positions.
|Position||Living Skills Specialist|
|Employer||Evergreen Supported Living|
|Job Description||NAR/CNA upon application is not required
Evergreen Supported Living is looking for creative and fun individuals to provide compassionate support and advocacy through work as Living Skills Specialists.
Evergreen is a team-oriented high energy environment that strives to encourage greater independence and community integration for individuals with intellectual disabilities. Evergreen employees utilize their positions to gain and enhance skills for professional development and have opportunities to work on special projects for specific resume building. Evergreen boasts a very low turn-over rate, including staff members who have worked with our folks for over 25 years!
You will gain the following skills and certifications (all certification costs will be paid by Evergreen):
Evergreen provides excellent benefits for employees including: