BELLINGHAM BELLS 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bellingham Bells are pleased to offer a variety of internships to college enrolled students who are eligible to receive credit for their work with the Bells. The Bells internship program combines hands-on experience with a wide range of speakers and field immersion experiences to help students experience multiple aspects of sports business and learn more about what it takes to become a professional within the industry.
2020 internships available include:
Public Relations Internship
Communication/Beat Writer Internship
Marketing Video Production Internship
Video Broadcast Production Internship
Social Media Internship
Public Relations Internship
What You Need to Know:
• These internship positions are for-credit, unpaid internships. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
• Internships range from 150-240 hours depending on your academic internship requirements. Interns must be available for all Bells’ home games (schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com). Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5PM
Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th – Time TBA
• Applications will be reviewed as received. NO applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.
• To apply, please follow the specific instructions listed in the internship description of the position you are applying for.
Stephanie Morrell | General Manager
(360) 746 – 0409
Marketing Internship (SPRING 2020)
The Marketing Promotions Intern will work closely with the front office to strategize, prepare & execute marketing campaigns in advance of the 2020 season. Marketing interns will help to extend the Bellingham Bells brand throughout the Whatcom County community by way of community events and appearances, guerrilla marketing, strategic marketing campaigns and paid
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Representing the team at various community events (WWU sporting events, community fun runs, elementary school appearances, Ski to Sea Junior Parade, Back to Bellingham, etc.) Act as chaperone for team mascot and interact positively with fans while promoting the team and upcoming season.
• Working with local businesses on cross-branding marketing opportunities including pocket schedule placement, signage, cross-branded events, etc.
• Assist front office with digital marketing campaigns and content creation (hype videos, social media campaigns, blog articles, etc.).
• Coordinate game day promotional details with local sponsors, including the promotion & planning of theme nights, sponsor game nights and key events (jersey auction, fireworks shows, community wiffleball game).
• Availability for at least 15 hours per week from April – June 2020
• Demonstrated experience with marketing campaigns and basic marketing terminology
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Knowledge of baseball rules and terminology
Compensation: This is a for-credit, unpaid internship. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship
program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
Hours: Approximately 15 hours per week, contingent on amount of hours needed to complete academic program requirements.
Start Date: April 1, 2020
Application Procedure: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include at least one writing sample
with your application. Applications will be reviewed as received. No applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.