|Position||WorkSource Whidbey Center Coordinator|
|Employer||Northwest Workforce Council|
|Job Description||POSITION OVERVIEW
The Center Coordinator is the principal day-to-day on-site operations manager of the WorkSource Center. Under supervision of the off-site NWC’s Regional Manager, the position plans and manages the daily operations of the WorkSource Whidbey Center.
· As the first point of contact in the Center, this position greets customers, performs triage, and provides direct services to both job seekers and employers. The position works in a partnership environment that promotes collaborative customer-centered services, customized to the individual circumstances. In the WorkSource environment, ensures universal access and guides customers to effectively use all available career and related services, through direct provision and/or coordination with partner agencies and/or referral to community resources.
· Provides direct case management to select eligible participants in job search activities; identifies barriers and solutions that supports engagement and positive performance outcomes.
· Position available at WorkSource Whidbey Career Center (Oak Harbor).
Work location: 265 NE Kettle St. #102, Oak Harbor, WA 98277
|Qualification||ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in business, social sciences, counseling, vocational guidance, education or related field, or a combination of education and experience which provides:
· Ability to simultaneously develop, manage, and coordinate diverse program services with numerous agencies, business customers, educational institutions, and trainees
· Ability to understand and solve employment-related problems of diverse groups
· Familiarity with the local area labor market
· Understand computer technology, proficient and accurate in MS Word, Excel, Internet, e
mail and data collection systems; Proficiency in Access preferred.
· Experience or background in career information resources including electronic job search
tools, basic skills required by employers, school-to-work and military to civilian transition
· Ability to facilitate group training and motivate job seekers using a formal curriculum and established learner objectives
· Adapt easily to changing business needs, processes, and work responsibilities
· Must communicate effectively with co-workers and stakeholders with a variety of methods, including excellent written and oral communication skills. Must possess good presentation skills. High degree of professional and personal organizational skills
· Communication skills demonstrated through 1) experience providing direction and coaching to others on work assignments; 2) acting as a liaison and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish goals and meet deadlines; 3) experience providing input to leadership and/or teams regarding decisions for process improvement or problem resolution
· Knowledge of community service/support agencies
· Able to work cooperatively and as a team member with co-workers and stakeholders in a professional manner. Build and maintains collaborative results-oriented partnerships.
· Customer service skills demonstrated through experience recognizing and anticipating customer needs, responding to customer needs in a timely manner, and experience making recommendations for improved services based on the customer’s perspective
· Able to develop strategies that address business customer needs and job seeker capabilities
· Valid Washington state driver license required
|Contact Info||101 Prospect St, Bellingham EMAIL: HR@workforcenorthwest.org|
|How to Apply||If you are results-focused, enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment and want to be part of an organization that contributes to the economic vitality of the North Puget Sound region, we invite you to read the full details of this exciting opportunity and the complete application requirements on our website: http://www.nwboard.org/about/employment.html.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Applications accepted until position is filled.
|Position Closes||March 31, 2017|