Job position / title
Part-Time Loan Specialist
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
WECU is seeking a Part-Time Loan Specialist to join our Contact Center team located in Bellingham, WA. The weekly schedule for this position will consist of two 8-hour day shifts and two 4-hour day shifts (including a rotating Saturday from 8:45am to 1:15pm).
In this role, you will provide a high level of consistent service to our membership over the telephone and through our online service platforms; Act as a liaison between the member and the credit union by receiving member inquiries and providing general and specific credit union information; opening new accounts; interviewing and taking applications for loans; preparing loan applications for credit approval; and disbursing approved loans.
– Contributes to the organization’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally – with warmth, courtesy and respect, cross-selling additional services, and making a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to the credit union.
– Employs sound judgement, maintains knowledge of and, using decision-making skills, adheres to all standards on internal and external policies and procedures and BSA regulations.
– Understands and complies with security procedures at all times.
– Responds and transacts to members’ basic inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account usage charges, interest rates on savings and loan products, resolving account discrepancies, and assisting members to make the most effective use of services offered by the credit union.
– Assures sound and responsive credit union lending which meets member-organizational goals.
– Responsible for pro-active soliciting and/or developing and maintaining profitable member account relationships. Acts as “relationship manager” to existing members cross selling the full range of WECU’s financial products and services.
– Works with completed loan applications, or personally interviews applicant and requests specified information for loan application. Information may be recorded in writing, or by computer.
– Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan and approves or submits application to underwriters for verification and recommendation.
– Analyzes potential lending opportunities involved in each lending situation to further assist the borrower as well as increase the credit union’s lending portfolio.
– Consistently achieves goals assigned for referrals, loans, and cross-sells.
– Ensures the protection of the credit union’s interests in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to credit union policy and various laws and regulations as well as the exercise of sound credit decisions.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhausted lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Must fully understand credit union products and services and be able to assist members to use these products and services.
– Cooperative and positive attitude toward members and credit union staff.
– Professional appearance and attitude as well as the ability to communicate effectively with members and fellow employees.
– Acquire Green light underwriting authority within 6 months of position hire date.
– Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one to three years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Preferred: Relevant training in a credit union, bank or other financial institution. Skilled in software used in credit union such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and FSP
– Spanish speaking preferred.
– A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities, companies and/or individuals becomes necessary.
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
18.59 – 26.24/hour DOE
Days and hours of employment
Monday – Saturday
Dates of employment (specify if temp or seasonal)
Person or department to contact
140 E. Bellis Fair Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98226
How to apply
Qualified candidates must apply via application at http://www.wecu.com.careers-at-wecu
Applications should include