Job position / title
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
Join Silfab Solar in our mission to reduce carbon emissions and improve access to clean energy!
Working with Silfab Solar means working with the largest automated solar manufacturing facility in North America. We are an international leader in the production of ultra-high efficiency solar modules, leveraging over 35 years of solar experience in development, manufacturing, distribution, and innovation.
If you are ready to be a part of a diverse team in the clean energy industry and working with cutting-edge technology, then we have a place for you.
We are looking to add a Quality Technician to our team!
We are looking for team- and customer-oriented individuals who can work up to 12-hour shifts of standing, walking, and repetitive motion. We want to hear about your attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
• Perform quality controls following the Work Instructions (WI’s) on raw materials, semi-finished, and finished products.
• Monitor the variations in scraps products and raw materials (out of spec) that are rejected at the various steps of production flow. Make statistical evaluations and define corrective actions in collaboration with Management.
• Suggest improvements of the WI’s in order to reduce scraps and improve the performance of the finished product.
• Improve the capacity for in-depth analysis and improvement of the process.
• Continually support and train the Production staff on WI’s, quality and process issues in cooperation with Management.
• Create statistical analysis and reports on the quality of raw materials and finished product as required.
• Utilize and maintain the supplied instruments of measurement according to WI and safety standards.
• Monitor and suggest improvements to Management on the production recipes for the various steps of the process.
• Monitor and audit operations, suggesting improvements to the tools of quality control used in the production line (vision systems, EL test, Sun Simulator, HiPOT, etc.) and in the QA room.
• Manage, maintain, and calibrate the instruments of measurement in the production line and in the QA room.
• Prepare reference modules for the calibration of solar simulator in collaboration with PTs and TLs.
• Produce, in collaboration with the certified laboratories, “Master Modules” as required.
• Suggest measures that will improve the traceability of the finished product.
• Liaise with suppliers and customers when required.
• In collaboration Management, produce and maintain all documentation required for the Quality manual in respecting the ISO standards.
• Act as a driving force for continual improvement.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned to support the Quality Manager.
• Respect and promote Company Ethic and Operational Values.
We are pleased to offer employment in the clean energy industry with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Time
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• HSA Option
• Life Insurance w/AD&D
• Supplemental Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
Our team works in a state-of-the-art facility with safe, healthy, clean, and climate-controlled conditions. Multiple shifts are available. Employment is contingent upon passing a post-offer drug screen (illegal substances) and background check.
Silfab Solar is actively shaping sustainable solutions for a better future. We are adding evolving technology of the next generation of solar products to our dedicated team of 300+ members.
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience as QA technicians in a high-volume, high-tech manufacturing environment is required. Module manufacturing experience is preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet knows when to ask for help.
• Proven proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office and Excel programs, and statistical software packages.
• Excellent understanding of problem-solving techniques including 8D, 5Why’s, Fishbone, etc.
• Works well within a team environment.
• Personal attributes should include: respectful of all people, transparent behavior, hardworking, energetic, reliable, self-disciplined, cooperative, and results-oriented.
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
Days and hours of employment
Mon thru Sun – shift rotation
Person or department to contact
800 Cornwall Ave
Work location (if different from above)
How to apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To review all open positions or fill out an Employment Application, please visit http://www.silfabsolar.com/job-opportunities/.
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter