Job position / title
Top Coat Yacht PAINTER
Name of business / employer
All American marine
Job description / duties
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Applies protective coatings to contracted vessels and/or related equipment, as well as performing preparatory and clean-up work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receive instructions, prints, and drawings for tasks specific to a job. Plan details of working procedures to accomplish task and plan out tool, material, and personnel requirements.
2. Performs sandblasting, painting, and other coating applications. Coating applications will be to MIL thickness specifications.
3. Assist in training unskilled or limited skills’ personnel.
4. Work at irregular shift times and weekends, when needed.
5. Access and recommend proper coating application materials. Test and record all pertinent information in regard to the coating application process.
6. Performs all functions in a careful and safe manner while always keeping an eye out for others in the area.
7. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly. Ensure proper adherence to environmental considerations encountered during the sandblasting or application process.
8. Perform other company duties as assigned. Willing to be flexible in job duties.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
• 3 or more years’ experience as a spray, brush, and roller painter, of epoxy and non-epoxy coatings in the marine/yacht industries. (Awlgrip, Alexseal, PPG, Pettit, etc.)
• Experience working with vinyl application.
• Experience in working in a physically demanding environment, confined spaces, working at heights, and usage of respiratory protective equipment, (respirator fit test and safety training required).
• Familiarity with a variety of sandblasting media and coating application materials.
• Must be able to use, maintain, and troubleshoot equipment and power tools.
• Detail oriented while able to continuously improve efficiency
• Ability to follow directions.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
• Works well with others; enjoys a team-oriented environment.
• Willingness to be cross-trained in other marine construction activities.
• Confidentiality, tact, and discretion when dealing with people.
• Positive attitude.
• Desire for self-improvement.
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
Depends on skill
Days and hours of employment
Monday-Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
Person or department to contact
1010 Hilton Ave.
Work location (if different from above)
How to apply
Please apply online at https://www.allamericanmarine.com/employment/
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter