Job position / title: Join Us This Summer for Wilderness and Wildlife in Southeast Alaska!
Name of business / employer: Allen Marine
Allen Marine Tours, Alaska’s premier day-cruise company, is seeking enthusiastic, hard-working applicants to join us this tour season to provide a level of extraordinary service we call ‘True Alaskan Hospitality’. We are looking for crew members with a strong sense of team spirit, a proud professionalism, and a desire to deliver unparalleled guest experiences. Our family-owned company has a wide range of positions available in Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka and Glacier Bay. From vessel and lodge crew, to shore support and tour dispatch, we do it all!
Whether you are a newcomer to the seasonal workforce, or you are an experienced traveler looking for your next adventure, Allen Marine Tours can be your passport to the Last Frontier. Here in Alaska we work and play where snow-capped mountains and dense rainforests meet island-studded fjords. At Allen Marine, offering ‘True Alaskan Hospitality’ is our mission, and sharing the experiences of this Great Land & Sea with our guests, is our passion. We believe that extensive training and positive communication is the glue that bonds effective teams. We create our teams to craft a special and memorable connection with each other and with our guests alike. Expand your knowledge, enrich your life, and add a very unique chapter to your own story. If you have a great attitude, a strong work ethic and share our passion for people, you may (like many of us here at Allen Marine) come to Alaska for a summer and stay in Alaska for a lifetime.
At Allen Marine, we strive to create a team environment that is inclusive and respectful. Our safe workplaces, fair management practices and ethical policies set the stage for a rewarding, challenging and FUN seasonal adventure for all!
A qualified candidate is:
- 21 years old at time of employment (a limited number of positions are open to persons as young as 18)
- US Citizen (proof of eligibility to work required)
- Drug free (pre-employment and random drug testing throughout the season required)
- Available for entire tour season
- Positive, with a genuine concern for the happiness and well-being of the customers
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to sudden changes in routine
- Team oriented, with a strong work ethic
- Punctual, with a neat and well-groomed appearance
Availability of Employee Housing with Allen Marine Tours may vary by port and by season. Please contact each Division separately for availability. It is best to start looking for housing at your earliest opportunity and we are happy to point you in the direction of listings and opportunities! If Employee Housing is available, the charge is a flat daily rate, deducted out of each bi-weekly paycheck, with a refundable Security Deposit due upon moving in.
- Seasonal Availability Bonus
- Retail Bonus for select positions
- Seasonal Incentives
- Guest Pass program
- Opportunities for local tour excursions for free or at reduced rates
- Pride to be working with the best team in Southeast Alaska!
- Guest Service Crew
- Lodge Crew: Work and play in the wilds of Alaska while working at our day lodge located on beautiful Colt Island, near Juneau!
- Grill Master
- Prep Cook
- Kitchen Utility
- Lodge Crew
- Gift Shop Cashier
- Shore Support: Enjoy your time in Alaska as the backbone (and heart!) of our team!
- Tour Representative
- Tour Dispatcher
- Shuttle Driver
- Retail Coordinator
- Port Engineer
- Assistant Port Engineer
Person or department to contact: Brian Vreeland
Business address: 1512 Sawmill Creek Rd
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Allen Marine. We require an application on file for all prospective candidates, and cannot move forward in our hiring process until one has been completed. Please follow the link below for all application submissions.
Applications should include