Job position / title
Birchwood Branch Manager
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
WECU is seeking a Branch Manager to join our Birchwood branch team located in Bellingham, WA. In this role you will strive to make a difference in member’s lives as defined by WECU’s mission and vision; provide strategic direction, and oversee daily operations and responsibilities relating to the efficient operation of a branch.
Qualified applicants must apply online via //www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Involved with hiring, hands on training, evaluating, scheduling, and, when appropriate, discharging branch employees.
– Contributes to the organization’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally – with warmth, courtesy and respect, cross-selling additional services, and making a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to the credit union.
– Employs sound judgement, maintains knowledge of and, using decision-making skills, adheres to all standards on internal and external policies and procedures and BSA regulations.
– Facilitates consistent communication, as well as department meetings, to disseminate pertinent information and discuss operations methods and opportunities.
– Ensures staff are well trained and have the support they need to perform their duties; regularly coaches staff to meet the expectations of their role and deliver the highest quality of member service possible. Tracks staff performance to identify trending and coaching opportunities.
– Directs sales and service activities to ensure annual employee and departmental goals are met and relationships with current and potential members are maximized. Accountable for coaching staff to build and maintain a positive sales culture.
– Creates an engaging team environment and provides strategic direction to the branch and its employees.
– Sustains motivated employees and ensure development of employee competencies.
– Develops strategic business plan for the branch, annually.
– Leads business development efforts, including calling on area companies & developing business relationships.
– Develops policies and procedures directly applicable to the Retail teams and communicates relevant product/service/policy information to staff.
– Assists Retail Regional Manager with researching and developing new processes and procedures directly applicable to the Retail team.
– Ensures important pieces of information are constantly being understood by all team members, communicating vision from top of company down.
– Is nimble through changes, supports the end goal, and the process it takes to get there.
– Leads by example and holds staff accountable, while creating a positive, engaged team who strives to do their best each and every day.
– Empowers employees with an amount of autonomy to make decisions.
– Mindful of strategic initiatives when making decisions, possesses the knowledge and capability to lead and support areas of responsibility.
– Counsels members with any escalated problems that cannot be handled by non-exempt staff. Once resolution is achieved is responsible for conducting necessary training and coaching of staff.
– Ensures the protection of the credit union’s interests in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to credit union policy and various laws and regulations as well as the exercise of sound credit decisions.
– Understands and complies with security procedures at all times.
– Ensures that facility is properly maintained and all equipment works properly.
– Prepares annual expense budgets for specific area of responsibility.
– Submits to appropriate government officials all information required by law or requested from the board of directors.
– Opens, operates and closes computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, and generally update member account transactions and information.
– Obtains and maintains appointment as a Washington State Notary Public.
– Act as a STAMP guarantor for the purpose of executing guarantees of signatures.
– Participates in and promotes community service projects and builds relationships with civic and community leaders.
– Effectively incorporates concepts of Deliver Value, Create Loyalty in daily behaviors and interactions with both internal and external members.
– Performs duties of a Loan officer or Teller when needed.
– Meets or exceeds all behavioral standards of a WECU employee.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for direction, monitoring and evaluation of Retail team. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employee performance; resolving complaints and problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and compliance with applicable laws.
Assists in attaining the lending goals and objectives of the credit union. Professional approach to assessing the credit needs of members while observing the established lending policies and guidelines. Must fully understand credit union products and services and be able to assist members to use these products and services. Cooperative and positive attitude toward members and credit union staff. Professional appearance and attitude as well as the ability to communicate effectively with members and fellow employees.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one to three years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant training in a credit union, bank or other financial institution preferred or any documented work experience which provides the candidate with equivalent knowledge and/or experience of the above minimum requirements. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Complete working familiarity with the credit union’s computer system, including input and output functions, general ledger account knowledge, balancing daily work, and training personnel in the appropriate usage of the computer system in their assigned tasks. Skilled in software used in credit union such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and DNA.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and reports. Ability to write simple correspondence, memos, reports and procedures. Should effectively present information in one-on-one situations to members, potential members and other employees of the credit union.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities, companies and/or individuals becomes necessary.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate general office machines and equipment such as photocopier, fax, adding machine and computer. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Application deadline / closing date
If you do not have a specific closing date (e.g. ‘Open until filled’) please select a date which you believe will be a reasonable amount of time to fill the position. 02/21/2020
Salary / rate of pay
Days and hours of employment
Flexibility availability required Monday – Friday
Person or department to contact
1600 Birchwood Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225
How to apply
Qualified applicants must apply online via //www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter