Job position / title
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
A growing luxury linen company, located in North Ferndale, is seeking an experienced and motivated individual for Sales Assistant. This entry-level position is responsible providing administrative support and assistance to the Sales department, including lead generation, retail and new account retention activities, tradeshow assistance, coordinating administrative and logistical tasks for the sales team, as well as general office support. Writes up quotes and basic orders, handles mailers, reaches out to new leads and clients, types and prepares presentations, emails, letters, and reports. Receives and screens telephone calls and online chat as needed and relays messages to appropriate sales team member. Performs back-up to other sales positions and main reception, and performs specific projects and programs as assigned.
The position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm PDT (with an unpaid 1 hour lunch break). Some overtime may be required during the busy seasons and when covering during tradeshows.
Wage is negotiable/depends on experience – Health Insurance benefits start first of the month after 60 days. Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
– Writes up all basic orders, including drop ship.
– Writes up sales quotes and shipping quotes.
– Researches, preps and addresses all mailers, inputting information into Salesforce.
– Assists with Tradeshow preparation, including but not limited to, writing up tradeshow orders, packing, unpacking and setting up tradeshows, building tradeshow binders/books, assisting with tradeshows lists (pre-attendee, dividing final lists, updating contacts), researching new tradeshows, organizing tradeshow area, and assisting with giveaway pillow cases.
– Follows up on website emails, mailers, swatches, basic tradeshow attendees and second samples. Uses email templates for communications or makes telephone calls as needed.
– Researches website leads, enters approved leads into Salesforce, sets up new account in Salesforce with tasks and sends introductory email.
– Builds and runs reports in Salesforce and QuickBooks.
– Calls all new clients to follow up and seek feedback, discusses retail program and sets follow up retail call.
– Answers calls for sales staff as needed, including transferring calls, taking and relaying messages to appropriate staff courteously and promptly.
– Backs up sales reps as needed, including email and chat.
– High School Diploma or GED required. Specialized training, related college coursework, or certificate preferred.
– Minimum of two (2) years previous experience in a similar sales support and/or administrative role, supporting multiple departments.
– Previous sales experience a plus.
– Previous experience managing multiple telephone lines, email and calendars, assisting with ordering data entry, and general office support.
– Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
– Experience with Salesforce and/or QuickBooks systems preferred.
– Must have strong investigative, problem solving and customer responsiveness skills, and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
– High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competitive priorities simultaneously within a team environment. Must possess strong communication, prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
– Be detail oriented but able to look at “the big picture”.
– Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and be self-motivated.
This position is available to start immediately. All potential new hires are required to submit to a background check, reference check and pre-employment drug screen (which includes screening for marijuana).
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
Negotiable – hourly + bonus
Days and hours of employment
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Person or department to contact
7034 Portal Way #110, Ferndale, WA 98248
How to apply
Please apply online visit:
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter