Safely facilitate outdoor recreation programs to people, ages 5- 21, with and without disabilities. Support Day Camp programming through creative and fun activity planning, recreation activity delivery and feedback.
1. Maintain safety of participants, volunteers and staff at all times during day camp activities.
2. Deliver adaptive and therapeutic recreation programs. Provide instruction in adaptive sports such as cycling, hiking, camping, rock climbing, and paddling.
3. Support high quality delivery of day camp activities through incorporation of therapeutic recreation techniques, responding to parent and participant requests, setting-up, taking down and storage of equipment, and care and safety of Outdoors for All vehicles.
4. Problem-solve unexpected changes in activity plans, camper and/or volunteer participation as a team.
5. Drive Outdoors for All vehicles, trailers and equipment for event and program needs. Load, unload and operate recreational equipment as needed for the program.
6. Ensure day camp supplies, equipment, and vehicles are stocked and ready for use as needed.
7. Store and care for equipment and vehicles to ensure they are safe and reliable for current and future programs.
8. Provide feedback to parents/ caregivers as needed in the form of daily progress reports, behavior reports, morning or afternoon check-ins, phone calls and/or e-mails.
9. Be a positive representative and promoter of Outdoors for All programs, events and activities in our community.
10. Maintain accurate paperwork, including attendance and pick-up/drop off signature sheets, program activity reports, gas and activity receipts, incident and behavior incident report forms, vehicle logs, etc.
11. Comply with Outdoors for All safety and health policies and procedures.
12. Be on-time and prepared for each day camp activity.
13. Participate fully as member of the Outdoors for All summer seasonal staff team.
14. Other duties as identified.
Dates of employment are June 12th, 2017 – September 1st, 2017