|Position||Food Service Assistant|
|Employer||North Cascades Institute|
|Job Description||Work in the mountains! North Cascades Institute seeks outgoing, adventurous people to work in the kitchen at the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center, an educational field campus in North Cascades National Park. This is a temporary/seasonal position of three months.
FOOD SERVICE AND PREPARATION
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANLINESS
|Qualification||No food service experience required, but is preferred. Must be able to meet the following:
● Maintain cleanliness and functionality of food service facilities and equipment.
● Able to communicate respectfully.
● Capable of receiving direction and feedback from Supervisors.
● Interest in organic and slow food movement.
● Recycling, composting and waste handling.
● Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks with exemplary time management and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to comply with a smoke- and drug-free work environment.
● Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally and walk over uneven terrain.
● Criminal history disclosure form and background check.
● Washington State food handler’s permit.
● Ability to interact with a diverse clientele including school children.
● Valid driver’s license and driving record check must have no more than one moving violation in the past three years, no DUI, reckless driving, or serious moving violations.
● Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and a driving history check.
|$11.00 to $12.50 per hour, DOE. Benefits include sick leave and holiday pay. End of season bonus may be available upon completion of season in conjunction with a demonstrated positive work performance.|
|Days/Hours||This is a full-time, seasonal/temporary, non-exempt position. Season will run from June 12 to mid-September 2017.|
|Contact Info||North Cascades Institute, www.ncascades.org|
|How to Apply||Please apply online on our website: http://ncascades.atsondemand.com/
Complete the online application and upload a resume and cover letter pertinent to this position.
|Position Closes||Open Until Filled|