|Position||Care Coordinator or Nurse Care Coordinator – Oak Harbor Satellite Office|
|Employer||Northwest Regional Council|
|Job Description||The Northwest Regional Council, as an Area Agency on Aging, funds and/or provides community-based programs to help elders and people with disabilities live in their own homes and communities for as long as possible, postponing or eliminating the need for institutional care. The Care Coordinator or Nurse Care Coordinator will provide both intensive care coordination and comprehensive case management and has documented results in improved health outcomes for a caseload of clients enrolled in NWRC’s Health Home Program. This position will use health screening /assessment tools, health education, and evidence-based practices to help clients establish health action plans and will provide ongoing support to assist clients to achieve established health goals In addition, the Nurse Care Coordinator provides nursing services activities upon referral. This position will be sited out of NWRC’s satellite office in Oak Harbor (Island County) and will attend meetings and trainings in our Burlington (Skagit County) and Bellingham (Whatcom County) offices. Nursing services coverage may include San Juan County.|
|Qualification||• Demonstrated ability to assess client health and functional status, develop appropriate care plans, assess skills of caregivers, and make clear and concise recommendations.
• Demonstrated advocacy skills and sensitivity to the needs and values of diverse groups.
• Knowledge of the long term care system and services and resources, issues related to aging and disability, and case management.
• Knowledge of the formal and informal support networks available to the residents of the appropriate service area.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written format.
• Ability to work independently, with good judgment and a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate work assignments and/or projects.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, community agencies, and the general public using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Ability to defuse difficult situations recognizing the need for sensitivity as well as assertiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to work with computers and computer software programs including email, databases, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Demonstrated strength in learning and mastering new job responsibilities.
• Skill and/or fluency in speaking other languages, i.e., Spanish or Russian, are desired.
• Master’s Degree in Behavioral or Health Sciences or related field and two years of experience providing direct human services to clients, preferably in a community setting required OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in an equivalent field and four years of experience providing direct human services to clients, preferably in a community setting.
For complete qualification details please visit our employment webpage at http://www.nwrcwa.org/employment/ EOE
|Care Coordinator: $22.36 – $29.18, DOQ/Nurse Care Coordinator: $25.85 – $33.72, DOQ|
|Days/Hours||40 hours per week|
|Contact Info||Human Resources
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 600 Lakeway Drive Suite 100 Bellingham WA 98225
WORK LOCATION: Oak Harbor (Island County) WA
|How to Apply||Complete the required application packet available on our employment webpage http://www.nwrcwa.org/employment/|
|Position Closes||October 6, 2017|