The Family Behavioral Health System provides an integrated and flexible array of strengths-based therapeutic services and supports to families and children with complex therapeutic needs. Family Behavioral Health Services are delivered primarily in the client’s home or community and are designed to reinforce the strengths of the family to prevent the out-of-home placement of a child or prepare for the return home of a child from out-of-home care. Services focus on empowering the family to effectively use their strengths and abilities to address their needs and challenges with the primary goals of supporting them to become self-sufficient and to strengthen their relationships with community and natural supports that can sustain their long term success.
This position supports the administrative and operational functions of the office, which may include general office support, administrative assistance, data entry and medical records
General Office Support
- Answer incoming phone calls, handle routine inquiries, and direct appropriate inquiries to appropriate staff person.
- Greet visitors and clients and assist with inquires.
- Coordinate and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist with correspondence.
- Photocopy and collate data as requested.
- Maintain adequate office supplies (including paper supplies, coffee/snacks) for the smooth running of the office
- Identify supply needs and order as appropriate.
- Maintain phone lists for office staff.
- Arrange staff travel, including airfare, hotel and car rental.
- Interface with maintenance, copier repair, and cleaning crews.
- Interface with wireless provider to order staff cell phones and resolve issues.
- Maintain appropriate use of agency credit cards for travel and other purchases, including documentation of use and communication to accounting.
- Assists in the hiring process by sending out correspondence for employment (postcards, acceptance letters, etc.), scheduling interviews and arranging interview packets.
- Assists with the checking of references for candidates.
- Assists in tracking mandatory HR requirements such as new hire paperwork, training certifications, performance evaluations, etc.
- Creates training reminders and assists in setting up for trainings.
- Order food for meetings as requested.
- Provides administrative support to staff and leadership with file organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the quick and accurate entry of clinical and administrative data into the management information system(s), to include: client registration and demographics, diagnosis, authorizations, clinical services, referral and exit information, outcome data, expenses/concrete costs, purchase orders, credit card vouchers, gift card usage, petty cash, etc.
- Assess the accuracy of clinical and administrative data prior to entry and facilitate corrections with supervisors and staff prior to entry.
- Set up and maintain employee information and qualifications in the database.
- Responsible for initial and monthly Medicaid status checks for all mental health funded consumers in order to verify funding compliance and third party coverage and input all changes into the management information system (MIS). Check error reports in data systems weekly and work with the Family Preservation MIS staff to resolve all errors prior to the end of the month.
- Enter completed consumer satisfaction surveys into the MIS.
- Verify all consumers’ funding and authorization limits monthly through state’s MMIS website and MHO or private insurance website.
- Closes out clients in the MIS when services are completed.
- Maintains up-to-date tracking list of open and closed clients.
Medical Administrative Assistant
- Maintain confidentially of all clinical and medical information.
- Schedule all patient appointments and manage the psychiatric schedule.
- Make appointment reminder calls to client families and mail out pre-appointment paperwork and reminders.
- Distribute pre-visit paperwork to appropriate staff and ensure its return.
- Function as interface between psychiatric staff and therapists and families.
- Utilize online prescription service, log prescription refills in client’s file and call or fax in medication refills per psychiatric staff’s request.
- Maintain medical files with appointment records and psychiatric notes.
- Input psychiatric services into billing system. Follow up with Data Management staff or Operations Manager to troubleshoot billing issues.
- Guide clinical documents through the psychiatric sign-off process.
- Follow proper procedures for releasing client documents.
- Respond to requests for records from other providers and agencies.
- Other duties assigned.
- Maintains active and closed clinical charts in secure locations.
- Maintain master copy of all forms (clinical and administrative) and ensure an adequate supply is available to staff.
- Maintain an adequate supply of intake packets and blank clinical charts.
- Monitor compliance with standards for timeliness and completeness of document submission and work with administrative and clinical leadership as it relates to direct service staff participation.
- Provides technical support for therapists and care coordinators in file organization. Assists in consolidation of multiple forms and in ensuring form are complete.
- Types documents per requests.
- Works cooperatively with all staff to comply with contract requirements and best practice regarding disbursement of completed reports.
- Ensure that invoices for services are mailed out by the 15th of the month and emailed to Accounting.
Additional Administrative Supports (Financial and Information Technology)
- Assist in preparing bi-weekly employee payroll by tracking, scanning and mailing completed timesheets.
- Assist in resolving payroll problems in a timely manner.
- Handle all aspects of petty cash and purchase orders from distributing, tracking, data entry, mailing and filing.
- Track inventory of gift cards and maintain spreadsheet and database.
- Manage office credit cards by maintaining receipts, checking balances, and coordinating with the accounting department to ensure timely payment.
- Handle all aspects of client needs checking account by processing check request, ensuring proper receipts are received, balancing leger and coordinating with accounting for transfer of funds.
- Coordinate with information technology staff/follow verbal instructions in setting up computers, working through IT issues.
- Install Electronic Health Record on computers when staff position requires the use of it.
- Other duties as assigned.