Job position / title: Environmental Compliance Specialist (ECS) Field Technician
Name of business / employer: WaterTectonics
Job description / duties
About our company
Water Tectonics, a rapidly growing green water treatment technology company based in Everett, WA has immediate openings for an environmental compliance specialist. The team at Water Tectonics is a unique cross-section of individuals who understand and are passionate about water and protecting the environment and people. We do this with superior clean technology and customer support.
WaterTectonics offers an incredibly constructive and positive work-place environment, very competitive compensation and bonus programs, high quality healthcare coverage, a company-sponsored 401k account, and many other workplace and individual benefits.
To perform these jobs successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
About the position
The Environmental Compliance Specialist (ECS) Field Technician is responsible for the oversight of both traditional and enhanced BMP’s on major construction activities for the control of erosion and environmental concerns. This is a field position on large, dynamic construction sites and the position is accountable for the ongoing monitoring of such systems. Ensuring that all work adheres to site safety regulations and federal or state requirements.
This position will be responsible for all site operations to include, but not limited:
- Monitoring or maintenance of in-service equipment
- Conducting environmental sampling of ground or surface water
- Troubleshooting and correcting systems when necessary
- Prepare and submit reporting data related to systems
- Interacting with on-site clients.
Locations: United States; Washington; Everett (With possible travel for installations)
Job Type: Full-time; Hourly
Compensation: $60-65K doe
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Potential candidates will have min 3 years’ experience performing site inspections for compliance with project specifications, temporary erosion and sedimentation measures, and preparing reports communicating status. Ideal candidates will have:
- 40 hr HAZWOPER
- WA State Dept. of Ecology CESCL certification (or equiv.)
- Experience with Chitosan Enhanced Sand Filtration (CESF) systems
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Planning (SWPPP) and management
- Spill Control and Counter Measure Plans Experience.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance in good standing
Experience in the construction, field and environmental industries are required for this position. Construction or field experience with plumbing, electrical or mechanical is a plus. You should have good communication and customer service skills. What you lack in work experience should be made up with a willingness to learn and a positive work attitude.
You will value a unique opportunity to be exposed to the full product life-cycle from conception, design, realization and service.
Professional and Corporate Responsibilities
- Possessing awareness and leadership skills with a goal-oriented approach toward quality.
- Possessing a willingness to take ownership of tasks while assuming responsibility for their outcome.
- It is the policy of WaterTectonics, Inc., to maintain a workplace free from alcohol and federally controlled substances. Employees are required to report to work in appropriate mental and physical condition to perform their jobs in a satisfactory manner as well as provide a safe working environment for themselves and other employees.
- Timely response to phone calls and texts during regular business hours (8am to 5pm)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to Work Independently
- Detailed oriented and good organizational skills.
- Collaborating with other personnel and groups within the company such as design engineers, operations engineers, manufacturing personnel and purchasers.
- Interacting with client representatives to ensure all customer expectations are met.
- Fostering effective team and company communication with the ability to create a work environment of openness, trust, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Providing training such as skills cross training with other employees, product training with field personnel and customers, and other training as required.
- Serving as a company liaison with clients, suppliers, contractors, standards authorities, and others as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and work in tight places.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds or more, move about an uneven outdoor site.
- Specific vision abilities required by this Job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, the ability to accurately identify color and ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to operation of manual and/or power tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, odors and airborne particles.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration, heavy rain, freezing temperatures and confined spaces.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from loud to quiet, with hearing protection provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required. WaterTectonics complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment..
WaterTectonics only employs those who are legally authorized to work in the United States and we participate in E-Verify for I-9 Verification for all openings. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Person or department to contact: Peter Johnson
Business address: 6300 Merrill Creek Parkway, Suite C-100 Everett, WA 98203
Phone: (425) 349-4200
How to apply
Please apply at the following link:
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter