|Employer||Coast Real Estate Services-Barkley Apartments|
|Job Description||The basic functions of a Community Manager are to assist the Portfolio Manager in maintaining the physical asset and maximize the financial returns from that asset in accordance with the objectives while promoting the Company’s professional standards of quality. Responsible to hire, supervise, motivate all on-site staff and make recommendations for termination. Assists Portfolio Manager and supervisors with special projects and administrative tasks. Ensures staff compliance with company policies and procedures. Ensures staff performance of duties on a timely basis. Comply with the Washington State Residential Landlord & Tenant Act and all other governmental laws and regulations.
This is a full-time, temporary position for 90 days
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Marketing and Leasing:
1. Show units and screen and select qualified residents;
2. Complete guest cards for all prospects who telephone or visit the property. Follow up with the prospects using the information on the guest card within 24 hours;
3. Review all newspaper advertising to ensure it is correct and the ad program is current;
4. Supervises Assistant Manager, Leasing and Marketing staff and Maintenance staff;
5. Visits competitive properties and assists in preparation of regular market surveys;
6. Prepares weekly reports for Portfolio Manager’s review every Monday;
7. Reviews all rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with resident policy and check all leases for accuracy and completion;
8. Make recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs.
B. Resident Relations:
1. Responds to resident inquiries, complaints and concerns promptly;
2. Respond to Maintenance needs and Work Order requests promptly;
3. Implement rent collection program;
4. Supervises and implements move-in and move-out procedures;
5. Enforcement of apartment community rules and regulations.
C. Maintain the physical asset:
1. Supervises Maintenance staff, including maintenance supervisor and any contract workers;
2. Supervises scheduling of maintenance work;
3. Makes regular follow-up inspections on maintenance work, as assigned by On-Site Manager;
4. Establishes schedule of personnel for emergency maintenance;
5. Makes regular follow up inspections on maintenance work;
6. Makes regular inspections of grounds, including all common hallways;
7. Makes daily inspections of grounds, including common hallways;
8. Make-ready all vacant apartment units within expected timeline;
9. Makes recommendations for physical repairs, replacements and/or improvements;
10. Cleaning vacant apartments
11. Painting vacant apartments
12. Scheduling apartment turnover and maintaining apartments at acceptable levels of rent-readiness.
D. Financial Reporting and Control as directed by the Portfolio Manager:
1. Collects rents when due;
2. Properly execute journal receipts for monies collected;
3. Maintain accurate accounting records;
4. Assists in preparation of the budget;
5. Assists in reporting variances from the budget;
6. Assists in preparing monthly variance report;
7. Assists in approving invoices for payment;
8. Assists in preparing inventory of all equipment and supplies;
9. Reports accurate payroll information to the Payroll Department in a timely manner;
10. Requests Pre-approvals for overtime time pay from Portfolio Manager;
E. Administration as directed by the Portfolio Manager:
1. Maintenance of property files and records;
2. Supervises the handling of any emergency that may arise on-site;
3. Assists in reviewing market rents to ensure proper rates are being charged, monitors delinquencies, NSF and bad debt procedures to assure timely collection of rents, or evictions;
4. Communicates all problems and makes recommendations to Portfolio Manager in a reasonable time frame;
5. Implement effective time management;
6. Provides satisfactory documentation to ensure fair and timely resolution of disputes or issues with residents, employees or others;
7. Demonstrate leadership, and promote professionalism through appearance, attitude and communication skills;
8. Keep rental office clean, neat, and organized.
1. Supervises all on-site staff;
2. Ensure that work assignments are performed in accordance with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards at all times;
3. Ensure employee compliance with the Washington State Residential Landlord & Tenant Act and all other governmental laws and regulations.
Dates of employment: 06/12/2017-09/30/2017
|Qualification||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to handle finances and work within a budget;
2. Appearance compatible with image of property, positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive and capable role model for subordinates;
3. Demonstrated integrity on personal as well as professional level;
4. Exceptional communication skills;
5. Attentive to details;
6. Ability to interact with a wide range of people;
7. Ability to solve problems involving residents, personnel, finances, equipment failure, emergency situations, etc.;
8. Ability and willingness to substitute for any leasing responsibility, unit cleaning, grounds pick-up, receptionist, and other work as may be reasonably directed by the Portfolio Manager.
REASONING ABILITIES – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to:
1. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
2. Reach with hands and arms;
3. Talk and hear;
4. Frequently walk, sit, climb or balance;
5. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
6. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
7. Taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Days/Hours||Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm Dates of employment: 06/12/2017-09/30/2017|
|Contact Info||Lauren Kennedy, 3126 Racine St. Bellingham WA EMAIL: email@example.com|
|How to Apply||Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Position Closes||June 1, 2017|