- Military Experience
- Microsoft Office
- Technical Support
- Communication Skills
- Associate’s Degree
Full Job Description
Join the Outback Power Technical Support team, supporting the future of renewable power. EnerSys/ Alpha Power/ Outback Power has an immediate need for a Level II Technical Support Representative (TSR) for its growing office in Bellingham, WA. This position provides technical support for Outback Power products to customers in a small call center environment. The goal is to provide thorough and timely professional responses to customers, sales staff, and inside support staff. This position requires a few months paid training at OutBack Power’s facilities in Bellingham Washington.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technical support for Outback Power products in a help desk environment
Track and document technical incidents in a CRM
Review technical questions and develop timely, competent answers for customers and staff
Communicate with multiple departments to ensure customer satisfaction
Document known technical issues and write knowledgebase articles
Develop product-specific eLearning content for a learning management platform
Develop and write application notes in collaboration with Engineering and Product Management
Provide technical assistance to service centers/repair depots
Participate in department and company meetings such as product failure analysis, customer historical analysis, procedure development, and modification
Take a leadership position when needed
Assist with reports and testing equipment as needed
- 2-year degree in electrical engineering, electronic repair, technology, other OR equivalent military training
- 2 to 4 years in technical support or electronics technology
- Understanding of power electronic equipment architecture
- Working knowledge of system troubleshooting
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Ability and willingness to be a team leader
- Strong verbal, telephone and written communications skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet
- Basic Knowledge of 120/ 240 split phase power solutions
- Basic knowledge of Solar Power; PV panels, charge controllers, inverters and batteries
- Record of accomplishment providing quality tier one or tier two customer support
General Job Requirements
This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company’s driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.
Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
Must be able and willing to work overtime.
Must be able and willing to be on-call.
Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
Must be able to differentiate colors.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V