Job position / title
Summer Operations/Production Management Intern
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
In the Operations / Production Management Intern position you will assist in project proposals, sales calls, and project management. Bellingham Marine will provide on-the-job training in marina planning, estimating, production and construction management. Engineering skills will be preferred for interpreting drawings and developing marina designs/layouts. Successful candidates will be subject a pre- employment drug screen and random drug screens per our Drug Free Workplace Policy. Successful candidates will be subject to an administrative background check. Reliability for work schedule is crucial. Travel up and down the West Coast to project sites may be required from time to time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops accurate material take-offs and requests pricing from suppliers and subcontractors with General Manager (GM) and Project Development Manager (PDM) to create accurate project estimates and proposals
• Ability to grasp technical concepts of products in order to accurately describe the products to potential customers and clients.
• Assists Project Manager in communicating and reviewing coordination of material orders, subcontractor, and supplier schedules with project teams.
• Tracks project costs and performance metrics against budgets to report on projects to GM and Project Manager (PM)
• Assists Operations Manager and Project Managers in creating and updating job files.
• Actively participates in internal business meetings and presents ideas and/or concepts to promote and encourage company efficiency.
• Assists plant employees with the creation of concrete floating docks, including the creation of forms, casting, sub-assembly, and finishing.
• Assists Project Manager with freight and shipping for product delivery.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Entering 3rd or 4th year of engineering or construction management degree, or equivalent
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
15/h plus travel compensation
Days and hours of employment
Person or department to contact
5500 Nordic Way
How to apply
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter