BELLINGHAM BELLS 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bellingham Bells are pleased to offer a variety of internships to college enrolled students who are eligible to receive credit for their work with the Bells. The Bells internship program combines hands-on experience with a wide range of speakers and field immersion experiences to help students experience multiple aspects of sports business and learn more about what it takes to become a professional within the industry.
2020 internships available include:
Public Relations Internship
Communication/Beat Writer Internship
Marketing Video Production Internship
Video Broadcast Production Internship
Social Media Internship
Public Relations Internship
What You Need to Know:
• These internship positions are for-credit, unpaid internships. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
• Internships range from 150-240 hours depending on your academic internship requirements. Interns must be available for all Bells’ home games (schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com). Additionally, interns will be
required to be in attendance for the following events:
Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5 PM
Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th – Time TBA
• Applications will be reviewed as received. NO applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.
• To apply, please follow the specific instructions listed in the internship description of the position you are applying for.
Stephanie Morrell | General Manager
(360) 746 – 0409
Bellingham Bells Social Media Internship
The Social Media Intern will work closely with the Bells’ front office to manage social media channels during home games. The Social Media & Game Day Promotions intern will work to engage fans through various channels, including in-game interaction through social media.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Providing live score updates on the Bells’ Play-By-Play Twitter accounts for all Bells home & away games
• Managing multiple Bells’ social media channels during all home games (Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Platform management will include, but not be limited to, posting in-game updates, sharing relevant content and responding to fan inquiries.
• Help facilitate in-game promotions & promote fan engagement through social media promotions, contests, and other promotional activities.
• Assist on-field promotions team with on-field, between-inning fan engagement.
• Available for all Bellingham Bells home games during summer 2020 (full schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com)
• Demonstrated experience with social media management
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Knowledge of baseball rules and terminology
Compensation: This is a for-credit, unpaid internship. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship
program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
Hours: 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. for all 29 home games (87 hours) + approximately 2.5 hours for 27 away games (67.5). Additional hours to be scheduled as needed (dependent on the total number of internship hours required by academic program).
Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
• Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5 PM
• Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
• Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Application Procedure: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least one writing sample
with your application. Applications will be reviewed as received. No applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.