BELLINGHAM BELLS 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bellingham Bells are pleased to offer a variety of internships to college enrolled students who are eligible to receive credit for their work with the Bells. The Bells internship program combines hands-on experience with a wide range of speakers and field immersion experiences to help students experience multiple aspects of sports business and learn more about what it takes to become a professional within the industry.
2020 internships available include:
Public Relations Internship
Communication/Beat Writer Internship
Marketing Video Production Internship
Video Broadcast Production Internship
Social Media Internship
Public Relations Internship
What You Need to Know:
• These internship positions are for-credit, unpaid internships. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
• Internships range from 150-240 hours depending on your academic internship requirements. Interns must be available for all Bells’ home games (schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com). Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5PM
Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th – Time TBA
• Applications will be reviewed as received. NO applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.
• To apply, please follow the specific instructions listed in the internship description of the position you are applying for.
Stephanie Morrell | General Manager
(360) 746 – 0409
Bellingham Bells Photo Intern
The Photo Intern will be responsible for the daily coverage of Bellingham Bells home games and will work closely with the Media Relations & Marketing departments to provide content for social media channels and website content. In this internship, the photo intern will help to provide a catalog of photos for use by the Bells’ marketing & media teams, which will help support the team’s overall media relations efforts.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Cover all 32 home games during the 2020 season, capturing images of pre-game and post-game ceremonies, ingame action and highlights.
• Work closely with Bells’ media relations team to provide 1-3 edited images nightly, to be used in game recaps and other media relations materials.
• Maintain an organized collection of edited photos cataloged by date, opponent & player number for easy access by media relations and marketing team.
• Capture team headshots & shoot annual team photo.
• Available for all Bellingham Bells home games during summer 2020 (full schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com)
• Demonstrated experience with action photography
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
• Prior experience with archiving and organizing a large number of photos in a digital collection
Compensation: This is a for-credit, unpaid internship. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
Hours: 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. for all 29 home games (145 hours) + additional hours to be scheduled as needed (dependent on the total number of internship hours required by academic program).
Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
• Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5 PM
• Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
• Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Application Procedure: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include sample work (link to online
gallery or 3-5 sample images) as part of your application. Applications will be reviewed as received. No applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.