BELLINGHAM BELLS 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bellingham Bells are pleased to offer a variety of internships to college enrolled students who are eligible to receive credit for their work with the Bells. The Bells internship program combines hands-on experience with a wide range of speakers and field immersion experiences to help students experience multiple aspects of sports business and learn more about what it takes to Become a professional within the industry.
2020 internships available include:
Public Relations Internship
Communication/Beat Writer Internship
Marketing Video Production Internship
Video Broadcast Production Internship
Social Media Internship
Public Relations Internship
What You Need to Know:
• These internship positions are for-credit, unpaid internships. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
• Internships range from 150-240 hours depending on your academic internship requirements. Interns must be available for all Bells’ home games (schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com). Additionally, interns will be
required to be in attendance for the following events:
Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5PM
Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th – Time TBA
• Applications will be reviewed as received. NO applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.
• To apply, please follow the specific instructions listed in the internship description of the position you are applying
Stephanie Morrell | General Manager
(360) 746 – 0409
Bellingham Bells Marketing Video Production Intern
The Marketing Video Production Intern will work closely with the Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations team to produce relevant, quality video content to help tell the Bellingham Bells story. This position will focus on the production of visual media to help augment overall media relations efforts.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Management of the Bellingham Bells’ YouTube channel, including the consistent production of new featured YouTube content.
• Capture, produce and publish featured content for all home games, including but not limited to pre-game and post-game interviews.
• Brainstorm and execute daily and weekly video projects, including but not limited to interviews, vignettes, “behind the scenes” features and highlight reels.
• Capture in-game content during all home games for use in various recap videos & end of season summary video.
• Create pre-season and regular season promotional videos.
• Available for all Bellingham Bells home games during summer 2020 (full schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com)
• Knowledge of social media and web standards for video content
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with staff, coaches, and players Compensation: This is a for-credit, unpaid internship. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
Hours: 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. for all 29 home games (145 hours) + additional hours to be scheduled as needed (dependent on the total
number of internship hours required by academic program).
Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
• Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5 PM
• Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
• Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Application Procedure: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least one sample of video
work you’ve done with your application. Applications will be reviewed as received. No applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.