BELLINGHAM BELLS 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bellingham Bells are pleased to offer a variety of internships to college enrolled students who are eligible to receive credit for their work with the Bells. The Bells internship program combines hands-on experience with a wide range of speakers and field immersion experiences to help students experience Multiple aspects of sports business and learn more about what it takes to become a professional within the industry.
2020 internships available include:
Public Relations Internship
Communication/Beat Writer Internship
Marketing Video Production Internship
Video Broadcast Production Internship
Social Media Internship
Public Relations Internship
What You Need to Know:
• These internship positions are for-credit, unpaid internships. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in anacademic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
• Internships range from 150-240 hours depending on your academic internship requirements. Interns must beavailable for all Bells’ home games (schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com). Additionally, interns will be
required to be in attendance for the following events:
Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5PM
Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th – Time TBA
• Applications will be reviewed as received. NO applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.
• To apply, please follow the specific instructions listed in the internship description of the position you are applying for.
Stephanie Morrell | General Manager
(360) 746 – 0409
Bellingham Bells Communication/Beat Writer Internship
The Communication/Beat Writer intern will work closely with the Bells’ front office & the Director of Broadcasting/Media Relations to produce relevant, engaging & quality content to help tell the Bellingham Bells story. This position will focus on news writing, video interviews & the compilation of engaging content to help fans get to know the 2020 Bellingham Bells.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Support broadcast efforts during home games; occasionally provide color commentary as needed.
• Prepare nightly recap package for each home game. This will include the prompt production of a game recap article to be posted on the website, and the creation of a graphic to be posted on the website and all social media channels.
• Write weekly feature stories (500 words) for publishing in printed roster handout distributed to fans at Bells’ home games. Augment stories with video pieces to be shared on Bells social media.
• Work closely with Director of Broadcasting to brainstorm and execute weekly feature stories highlighting human interest stories within the Bellingham Bells network.
• Coordinate local media requests & reach out to local media outlets with engaging story ideas on behalf of the Bells.
• Available for all Bellingham Bells home games during summer 2020 (full schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com).
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the ability to produce a quality written piece involving multiple interview subjects in a
• Experience shooting, editing & publishing short, simple video pieces.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe InDesign
• Knowledge of baseball rules and terminology
Compensation: This is a for-credit, unpaid internship. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and
receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
Hours: 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. for all 29 home games (145 hours) + additional hours to be scheduled as needed (dependent on the total
number of internship hours required by academic program).
Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
• Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5 PM
• Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
• Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Application Procedure: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include at least one writing sample with your application. Applications will be reviewed as received. No applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.