BELLINGHAM BELLS 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bellingham Bells are pleased to offer a variety of internships to college enrolled students who are eligible to receive credit for their work with the Bells. The Bells internship program combines hands-on experience with a wide range of speakers and field immersion experiences to help students experience multiple aspects of sports business and learn more about what it takes to become a professional within the industry.
2020 internships available include:
Public Relations Internship
Communication/Beat Writer Internship
Marketing Video Production Internship
Video Broadcast Production Internship
Social Media Internship
Public Relations Internship
What You Need to Know:
• These internship positions are for-credit, unpaid internships. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
• Internships range from 150-240 hours depending on your academic internship requirements. Interns must be available for all Bells’ home games (schedule available at http://www.bellinghambells.com). Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5PM
Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th – Time TBA
• Applications will be reviewed as received. NO applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020.
• To apply, please follow the specific instructions listed in the internship description of the position you are applying for.
Stephanie Morrell | General Manager
(360) 746 – 0409
Public Relations Internship (SPRING 2020)
The Public Relations intern will work closely with the front office to strategize, prepare & execute public/community relations campaigns in advance of the 2020 season. PR interns will help to extend the Bellingham Bells brand throughout the Whatcom County community by way of strategic public relations campaigns, video features, press kits & releases and strategic research.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Serve as key contact for media relations activities. Reach out to local media to coordinate media appearances, coordinate all media requests and outreach.
• Plan & execute 2020 Bellingham Bells Media Day
• Write and edit content for Bells website, game day program & other marketing pieces
• Work with front office to develop press kit to be shared with local media. Write & distribute press releases in advance of significant news developments, and coordinate interview requests/media information requests with local media.
• Develop PR campaign to help team extend brand into community in advance of 2020 opening day. Working with front office, take responsibility for the concepting, design, execution & tracking of campaign.
• Assist team in identifying areas that need additional research/data and helping to conduct research campaigns
• Other PR/marketing/media relations duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience with public relations campaigns, AP style and basic marketing terminology
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Knowledge of baseball rules and terminology
Compensation: This is a for-credit, unpaid internship. The successful candidate MUST be enrolled in an academic internship
program and receiving credit through an accredited college or university for internship hours.
Hours: 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. for all 29 home games (145 hours) + additional hours to be scheduled as needed (dependent on the total number of internship hours required by academic program).
Additionally, interns will be required to be in attendance for the following events:
• Bellingham Bells Media Day – Monday, June 1st – 3 PM to 5 PM
• Everett AquaSox Field Trip – Monday, June 29th – 5 PM to 10 PM
• Internship Seminars: Thursday, July 7th & Thursday, July 30th
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Application Procedure: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least one writing sample
with your application. Applications will be reviewed as received. No applications will be accepted after January 15, 2020