WHATCOM COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please visit our website http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs
Human Resources, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 107, Bellingham, WA 98225
Clerk III Parks & Recreation Department
Closing Date: November 17, 2019 at 4:30 pm
The Parks & Recreation Department is recruiting for the Clerk III position at its headquarters building, 3373 Mt Baker Highway, Bellingham, just west of the Smith Road roundabout.
This is a front-desk customer service position. Essential duties include:
• Answering phones and customer service inquiries. Processing registrations and reservations for classes, campsites and park facility rentals. Calculating and collecting fees in accordance with Parks and Recreation policies. Clearly communicating reservation and cancellation policies to customers and applying department policies to accurately process requests for refunds.
• Supporting activities of the Parks & Recreation Commission, including transcribing minutes from audio recordings of meetings, maintaining and distributing documents and communication, and assisting in creation of agendas.
• Processing purchase order requests and maintaining department accounts payable systems. Auditing invoices for payment and maintaining accurate accounting records. Processing department interfund transfers.
• Preparing documents for project closeout and retainage payment in accordance with all regulatory agencies.
• Documenting and tracking various parks equipment and assets. Tracking expenses for park maintenance projects. Maintaining spreadsheets.
• High school diploma or GED
• 3 years of progressively responsible general office, clerical and/or secretarial experience.
• Work experience with customer reception, computer data entry, filing, recordkeeping, and basic bookkeeping.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to type proficiently and accurately at 40 net words per minute
• Ability to use a calculator by touch with accuracy at 110 net strokes per minute
Starting wage $17.10 – $18.52 per hour, depending on qualifications. These rates increase to $17.45 – $18.89 per hour in 2020.
Full Salary Range $17.10 – $25.93 per hour, increasing to $17.45 – $26.45 per hour in 2020.
The position is entitled to annual step increases the first eleven years, plus cost of living adjustments contained in the union contract.
Benefits: Whatcom County offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental and vision coverage for employees, spouses and eligible dependents with no cost to employees for the premium. Our benefits package also includes attractive paid leave provisions including vacation, sick leave and 12 paid holidays per year. Employees participate in the Washington State Retirement System and may also enroll in an optional deferred compensation program.