WHATCOM COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please visit our website http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs
Human Resources, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 107, Bellingham, WA 98225
Clerk IV Public Works – Maintenance & Operations
Salary: $17.81 – $26.99 per hour, DOQ Closing Date: November 4, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Job duties include:
• Monitors and ensures the accuracy of Daily Time Sheets, Daily Activity Logs, Material Usage Reports, Fill Dirt Requests, and other documents specific to Maintenance and Operations.
• Processes applications for Fill Dirt requests and maintains a tracking system for the amount and location of each application. Ensures compliance with Critical Areas Ordinances (CAO) and related state laws.
• Assists in dispatching of crews as needed on a daily basis and during emergency events.
• Compiles and prepares project cost summaries. Monitors expenditures. Prepares billings for customers and other departments and agencies.
• Receives, accurately documents and distributes information for Citizen Inquiry Reports, Storm Event Logs, On-Call Utility Reports, Sheriff Call-Outs and other forms and documents as required.
• Performs queries and generates monthly and annual reports associated with County Road Administration Board (CRAB) reporting requirements. Enters, updates, retrieves and verifies the accuracy of data associated with the implementation of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Assists with preliminary budget preparation, contract processes, physical inventory monitoring (gravel pits, facilities, fuel, equipment, ferry) and vehicle replacement/additions process records.
• Assists with the preparation of press releases, bid specifications, contracts and volume mailings.
• Documents, maintains, and distributes daily weather reports.
• Coordinates and assists in research of documents for Tort Claims and lawsuits.
• Requires a high school diploma or GED AND three years of progressively responsible office, bookkeeping, clerical and/or secretarial experience
• Completion of 15 credit hours of college-level courses.
• Must be proficient with Excel.
• Must be able to accurately type at 40 words per minute and ten-key at 110 strokes per minute.
• Must be able to use two-way radio for field communications
• Must be able to exert a calming influence on diverse members of the public who are upset or angry.
• Must have a driving record that meets County standards and possess a valid driver’s license at time of hire and throughout employment.
Note: This position supports County road crew operations, and is required to work extended hours during weather-related and other emergencies.