ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS NOW!
College Access Corps Coordinator
Bellingham or Mt. Vernon
• Would you like to gain experience working with youth in educational settings?
• Are you committed to making a difference in communities?
• Would you like to receive valuable training and financial support to help you with your future academic and career goals?
Then consider joining the dynamic College Access Corps AmeriCorps team at Washington Campus Compact (WACC), hosted at Western Washington University (WWU). Washington Campus Compact is a coalition of higher education institutions committed to advancing the public purpose of colleges and universities, educating students for civic and social responsibility, and working in partnerships to cultivate vital and sustainable communities across the state.
The College Access Corps Coordinator is a full-time 10.5 month AmeriCorps position. You would be serving in a school working directly with 4th – 12th grade students to help them overcome barriers to access college.
Positions are open now in Bellingham and Mt. Vernon. As an AmeriCorps member you will receive:
• $13,992 living allowance over a 10.5 month term of service
• Loan forbearance and interest accrual reimbursement on qualifying loans
• Childcare assistance and health insurance available if needed
• $6,095 Education Award upon successful program completion
• Valuable training and coaching throughout your term of service
The College Access Corps AmeriCorps program requires that all members serving in the program must meet the eligibility requirements listed below:
1. Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
2. Be 18 or older
3. Have an AA/BA or some college
4. Agree to a National Service Criminal History Check and not have a sexual offense or murder conviction
To learn more or to apply, contact Jacob Barrera, College Access Corps Team Leader
Phone: (360) 650-2325