WHATCOM COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Temporary Parks Help – Plantation Rifle Range Parks & Recreation
Salary: $14.25 per hour Closing Date: September 5, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Apply early for first consideration Whatcom County Parks & Recreation Department is seeking to hire a pool of temporary extra-help employees to assist operations at the Plantation Rifle Range. These positions will perform a variety of tasks year round to include: assisting with range safety and operations, gun safety instruction, gun maintenance, cash handling, customer service, general cleaning tasks, small equipment maintenance and repair, lawn mowing, and other duties as required.
If you have questions about job duties contact Parks & Recreation at (360) 778 -5850. This position will work up to 69 hours per month. Schedule varies and will include weekends and evenings. Times and days are somewhat flexible. Total hours per week will depend on season and need.
Qualifications The ideal candidate must have:
• Knowledge and experience working with firearms, ammunition and ballistics
• Experience working with the public, including greeting customers, and explaining and enforcing rules and policies
• Experience in lawn mowing, small equipment maintenance and cash handling
• Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 35 pounds
• Ability to wear a respirator which fits tightly against the face to protect against exposure to lead dust.
Candidates must also possess:
• High School diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license at time of hire and throughout employment.
• Driving record that meets County standards.
• Background check must meet County criteria.
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please visit our website http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs
Human Resources, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 107, Bellingham, WA 98225