WHATCOM COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Program Specialist – Performance Management Health Department
Salary: $27.88 – $40.10 per hour Closing Date: August 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Job Summary The Performance Management Specialist plans, designs, monitors and coordinates the Department’s performance management system in accordance with the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) Standards. Provides technical consultation to management and program staff in support of performance management, program evaluation and quality improvement efforts. Plans and coordinates quality improvement projects. Plans and provides staff training on the performance management system.
Key duties include:
• Facilitates and leads performance management and quality improvement processes.
• Consults with and assists programs in performance measure selection and management.
• Consults with internal and/or external leadership regarding performance management and quality improvement methods and tools.
• Monitors and evaluates programs for effectiveness and updates as needed.
• Plans and provides staff training on the performance management system. Researches, develops and implements internal and external training programs and workshops based on needs.
• Coordinates and monitors the Health Department’s accreditation process. Coordinates submission of annual reports and monitors the Health Department’s progress in meeting PHAB standards.
• Collects, researches, verifies, enters, updates, analyzes, summarizes, and presents evaluation, quality improvement, and other performance management system data.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, business administration, organizational leadership or a related field AND four years of progressively responsible experience with major area assignment in performance management, including program evaluation and project management.
Requires experience with Lean or Six Sigma methods, or other similar complex service delivery processes and problems.
Master’s degree preferred and may be substituted for six months of required experience.
Six Sigma Black Belt certification or related process improvement certification preferred.
Requires knowledge of: The role of evaluation in public health, including the state and local roles in meeting Washington public health standards; population-based public health; use of public health evaluation to guide policies and program planning; and principles of quality improvement, quality planning, and quality control.
Requires the ability to: Proficiently use database applications and software, quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis and visualization
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please visit our website http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs
Human Resources, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 107, Bellingham, WA 98225