WHATCOM COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Plans Examiner I or II DOQ Planning and Development Services
Salary: Plans Examiner I: $23.67-$34.11 per hour Closing Date: August 8, 2019 Plans Examiner II: $24.66-$35.52 per hour
• Would you enjoy the challenge of being part of a team focused on helping protect the public health, safety, and welfare through the administration of building, fire safety, zoning and critical areas codes, standards, and regulations?
• Do you have a proven ability to consistently provide exemplary customer service in all types of situations and responding to public inquiries and providing assistance?
This position performs specialized tasks related to residential and light commercial plans examination for building, life safety and structural review, including plumbing, mechanical and energy codes. Provides necessary information for the progress and completing of plans examination requirements. Performs work under general supervision and established guidelines. Complies with legal standards and requirements. Answers routine and somewhat complex questions pertaining to departmental functions and technical matters and provides technical assistance and information as authorized.
Key duties include:
• Examining residential and commercial building plans for compliance with building, life safety and structural codes, including plumbing, mechanical, fire and energy codes.
• Assisting the public in understanding the processes and regulations they must operate within; including zoning and critical area codes.
• Providing customer service and technical assistance to groups and individuals both inside and outside the department.
Plans Examiner I Qualifications: Requires a high school diploma or GED and a combination of two or more of the following:
• Associates (AA) degree;
• Four years of construction experience;
• International Code Council (ICC) certification;
• One year of inspection experience;
• Two years of construction experience and two years of related course work
Plans Examiner II Qualifications: To be qualified as a Plans Examiner II, you must meet all the above qualifications and also possess:
• One year of progressively responsible plans review experience.
• An International Code Council (I.C.C.) Residential Building Inspector or Building Plans Examiner certification.
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please visit our website http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs
Human Resources, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 107, Bellingham, WA 98225