Job position / title
Environmental Education Camp Counselor
Name of business / employer
Saturna Environmental Camp
Job description / duties
Camp Saturna, located on beautiful Silver Lake, near Maple Falls in Whatcom County, WA is a 133-acre lakefront property dedicated to learning, discovery, leadership, and success. Our environmental education program focuses on regional ecology, environmental science, and natural resource management. Recreational facilities at the camp include a climbing wall, archery range, low challenge course, docks and swimming area, and hiking trails.
We are looking for several part-time, temporary, hardworking and FUN environmental educators/camp counselors for a 3 day/2 night camp in late September, 2019.
Tuesday, September 24 – Friday, September 27, 2019
Environmental Educators/Camp Counselors will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide instruction of the Camp Saturna environmental education program
• Provide instruction and oversight for recreational activities
• Provide oversight of student sleeping quarters including the bunkhouse and camping areas for two nights.
• Be enthusiastic and fun in all activities
These positions require attendance for the entire 3 day/2 night camp period. A training day will occur between 9 am – 5 pm on Tuesday, September 24, 2019.
$400 – includes the day of training and the entire 3 day/2 night camp program. Meals provided include 2 breakfast, 2 lunch and 2 dinner. Overnight accommodation provided and required on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
• Experience in environmental education and outdoor recreation with middle school students, grades 5 – 8, or similar.
• College degree or working toward a degree with a major in environmental education. A major in environmental science or similar may be substituted with the appropriate camp and educational experience.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check with suitability to work with children and youth.
• Basic First Aid & CPR certified – current
• Priority will be given to applicants possessing certification/experience in one or more outdoor recreational activities such as climbing wall, archery, low challenge course, canoeing and/or lifeguard.
• Should possess a valid Washington driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Guitar playing and singing – We have a really cool geology song!
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
Days and hours of employment
Dates of employment (specify if temp or seasonal)
Person or department to contact
1300 N State St Bellingham, WA 98225
Work location (if different from above)
Saturna Environmental Camp Maple Falls, WA
How to apply
Please email a cover letter, resume and 3 related references to:
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter