Job position / title
Part-Time E-Services Specialist
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
WECU is seeking a Part-Time E-Services Specialist to join our Contact Center team located in Bellingham, WA. The schedule for this position will consist of two 8-hour day shifts and two 4-hour day shifts (including a rotating Saturday from 8:45am to 1:15pm).
In this role, you will strive to make a difference in member’s lives as defined by WECU’s mission and vision; Provide a high level of consistent service to our membership over the telephone and through our online service platforms; Act as a liaison between the member and the credit union by receiving member inquiries and providing general and specific credit union information; Provide direct support to members needing assistance with electronic services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Contributes to the organization’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally with warmth, courtesy and respect, cross-selling additional services, and making a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to the credit union.
– Employs sound judgement, maintains knowledge of and, using decision-making skills, adheres to all standards on internal and external policies and procedures and BSA regulations.
– Understands and complies with security procedures at all times.
– Provides basic support for members that need assistance with online banking, mobile banking, and bill pay and assists members through online chat.
– Executes basic member communication through secure online forms within appropriate guidelines. Forwards necessary correspondence to other departments and ensures that the other departments comply with the established guidelines.
– Responds and transacts to members’ basic inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account usage charges, interest rates on savings and loan products, resolving account discrepancies, and assisting members to make the most effective use of services offered by the credit union.
– May release holds on checks deposited in an ATM.
– Maintains policies, procedures and knowledge base items pertaining to Contact Center responsibilities.
– Consistently achieves goals assigned for referrals.
– Opens, operates and closes computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, and generally update member account transactions and information.
– Proactively offers additional products/services to complement members’ immediate needs, including referrals to WECU’s Real Estate and Business Banking Departments.
– Performs such other member service functions that might be needed from time to time or takes on other clerical duties when required as assistance in every department may be required from time to time.
– Effectively incorporates concepts of Deliver Value, Create Loyalty in daily behaviors and interactions with both internal and external members.
– Participates in the Quality Assurance Program.
– Meets or exceeds all behavioral standards of a WECU employee.
– Follows policy and procedures related to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) daily to ensure compliance with current regulations. Follows policy and procedures related to OFAC by consistently running new members, entities, beneficiaries, co-signers, non-member parties involved in wires, and non-member check payee names through the Verafin system. Follows policy and procedures related to SARs by monitoring and reporting suspicious activity to the Compliance department.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhausted lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Must fully understand credit union products and services and be able to assist members to use these products and services.
– Cooperative and positive attitude toward members and credit union staff.
– Professional appearance and attitude as well as the ability to communicate effectively with members and fellow employees.
-Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus 6-12 months’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of credit union’s computer system for performing basic input/output tasks.
– Preferred: Relevant training in a credit union, bank or other financial institution. Skilled in software used in credit union such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and FSP.
– Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Should effectively present information in one-on-one situations to members, potential members and other employees of the credit union.
– Spanish speaking preferred.
– A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities, companies and/or individuals becomes necessary.
Application deadline / closing date
If you do not have a specific closing date (e.g. ‘Open until filled’) please select a date which you believe will be a reasonable amount of time to fill the position. 03/01/2019
Salary / rate of pay
16.61 – 23.45/hour DOE
Days and hours of employment
Monday – Saturday
Dates of employment (specify if temp or seasonal)
Person or department to contact
140 E. Bellis Fair Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98226
How to apply
Qualified candidates must apply via application at http://www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu
Applications should include