Job position / title
Community Programs Specialist
Name of business / employer
Northwest Regional Council
Job description / duties
Ten-Step Hourly Range: $21.75 – $28.38, DOQ
Are you interested in joining a growing organization and making a difference in your community? Would you like to help empower older adults age in place and assist individuals with disabilities live at home? Northwest Regional Council’s Community Programs Team conducts outreach, provides information & assistance, and options/benefits counseling to individuals who face challenges remaining independent.
As a result of a promotion, we are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to fill a full-time, non-exempt position as a Program Specialist. This position is sited in our Bellingham, Whatcom County office and comes with an excellent family-friendly benefit package.
NWRC’s Benefit Package includes:
• Employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance through PEBB (Public Employers Benefit Board) for the employee and their dependents. The employee can choose from multiple medical and dental plan options.
• Employer paid Long Term Disability Insurance for the employee (with option for buy-up.)
• Employer paid Life Insurance for the employee ($35,000 with option for buy-up.)
• Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for the employee and their dependents.
• Participation in the state retirement – WA Public Employees Retirement System, with an employer contribution.
• Sick leave accrues at one day per month up to a maximum of 75 days and can be accessed as soon as it accrues.
• Vacation accrues for a full-time employee beginning at 8 hours/month.
• 10 paid holidays per year, plus a floating personal holiday.
In addition, NWRC offers the following Voluntary Benefits:
• Pre-tax ,Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for
– Dependent Child/Adult Day Care
• Pre-tax, Deferred Compensation Programs
Note! For those with educational loans, NWRC meets the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) definition of a public service organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field; AND two years of experience providing
direct human/social services; OR
• Two years of relevant college level courses; AND four years of experience providing direct
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
$21.75 – $28.38, DOQ
Days and hours of employment
M-F, 40 hours/week
Person or department to contact
600 Lakeway Drive, Bellingham WA 98225
How to apply
Application materials may be downloaded directly from our employment web page https://www.nwrcwa.org/employment/, or requested by emailing NWRCHumanResources@dshs.wa.gov. NWRC is an EOE.
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter