Job position / title
Commercial & Residential Cleaner
Name of business / employer
Job description / duties
Responsible for maintaining various commercial and unoccupied residential properties in a clean and orderly condition.
1. Ensure high standards of cleanliness and sanitation by ensuring all items on cleaning checklist are performed and documented.
2. Cleans and wipes all cabinets, walls, baseboards, windows, window stills, blinds, window screens, window covering, door, door jambs, fixtures, closets, overhead fans, and kitchen appliances; dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures, and wall hangings.
3. Washes and disinfects shower walls, tubs, toilets, sinks, mirrors and hard floor areas; wipes exposed pipes and cleans mirrors and walls.
4. Replenish supplies in restrooms, breakrooms and kitchens.
5. Vacuums carpets, operating vacuums weighing up to 25 lbs. and lifting or moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
6. Cleans stairs, landings and playground; sweeps parking lots and carport, picks up trash from grounds and cleans areas around dumpsters and ensures that overflow trash is evenly distributed between dumpsters prior to pickup.
7. Collects garbage and recyclables from public spaces and deposit in appropriate receptacles.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with general repairs and grounds keeping as needed.
2. Abides by safety policies and procedures; reports any incidents, accidents, unsafe work conditions or maintenance issues immediately.
3. Attends and participates in department meetings, safety training and other meeting or trainings as required.
4. Acknowledges and abides by Company policies and procedures.
5. Maintains a friendly, professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
6. Presents a professional appearance, wear appropriate uniform and slip resistant footwear according to the standards of the position and company policy.
7. Acknowledges and abides by Company policies and procedures.
8. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Work is performed in a variety of locations in both indoor and outdoor environments regularly exposed to chemicals, dust, odors, fumes and noise. Position requires frequent lifting of moderately heavy materials and equipment and the ability to perform physical labor.
• General cleaning principals, safe use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
Skills and Ability to:
• Physical strength and manual dexterity to operate necessary equipment and perform required cleaning duties.
• Meet attendance requirements with dependability and consistency.
• Communicate effectively with tenants and co-workers in order to accurately receive and convey information.
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance to meet company standards and represent the company positively.
• Manage one’s time in order to meet productivity standards.
• Work evenings and weekends as required.
• Ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of job.
Education and Experience:
• Prior housekeeping experience preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Position requires ability to exert will paced mobility for up to 8 hours and physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs.
Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp and perform repetitive motions as required by job.
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
Days and hours of employment
Part Time. 15-20 hours/week. Afternoon/Evening Shifts.
Dates of employment (specify if temp or seasonal)
Temp 6-12 months
Person or department to contact
119 N Commercial St Suite 165, Bellingham, WA 98225
Work location (if different from above)
How to apply
Applications should include