Job position / title
After School Youth Sports Coach
Name of business / employer
Whatcom Family YMCA
Job description / duties
WHATCOM FAMILY YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: After School Youth Sports Coach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Leadership Role: Leader
Reports to: Sports and Rec. Director
Required availability: MTWF 2-5pm and/or TH 12-3
Under the direction of the Sports and Recreation Director, you will be responsible for:
• Coaching afterschool.
• Teaching basic skills.
• Maintain program standards, policies, and procedures as established by the YMCA.
• Create a safe environment for the players and families.
Position Requirement – CPR and 1st Aid Trained
• Maintain proper attendance and communication with supervisor
• Develop and implement appropriate policies
• Serve as a positive role model and mentor for youth, teaching positive behavior such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and self-respect
• Maintain records related to equipment needs
• Keep supervisor informed of activity plans and situations related to above programs
• Coordinate the Youth Sports program in a professional manner
• Instruct appropriate drills and practices and facilitate activities
• Gather and maintain necessary equipment and supplies
• Serve as the primary staff for all sessions or provide secondary coverage
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Qualifications: Knowledge of sports and or coaching experience.
Application deadline / closing date
Salary / rate of pay
Days and hours of employment
MTWF 2-5pm and/or TH 12-3
Person or department to contact
1256 N State St
Work location (if different from above)
How to apply
Please complete and return the attached application with your resume either via email to email@example.com or at the downtown welcome desk addressed to Kathleen Beaty, HR Coordinator.
Applications should include