Route Maintenance Worker – Seasonal
WTA’s Service Section is filling a temporary Route Maintenance Worker position.
- 40 hours per week until mid-September.
- Likely work Tuesdays through Saturdays, once the initial training is complete. Must be flexible.
- $18.58 per hour.
- The successful candidates are actually employed through Express Employment Agency, but work on various WTA bus stops, property and facilities.
Must meet the following:
- Self-starter, hard-working individual with experience working outside on grounds or buildings.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum one year building/facility maintenance or grounds maintenance experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job will be considered.
- 21 years or older.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Conviction of reckless driving, D.W.I or negligent driving within the last seven years
- Any moving violation conviction within the last 12 months
- Two or more moving violation convictions in the last three years
- A felony conviction connected with the operation of a motor vehicle
- Any other moving violation conviction considered serious enough to restrict driving as determined by WTA’s Supervisor of Safety and Training
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
Pick up application packet and answer the questions below and return to Human Resources. First come, first served.
- Describe your work experience and how it prepares you for our Route Maintenance Worker-Temporary position.
- Describe your experience performing physically demanding work outdoors in all weather.
- Share an experience in which your attention to detail at work helped you identify or fix a problem.
- Share an experience in which personal connections to coworkers or others helped you to be successful in your work