Job position / title: Communications Specialist
Name of business / employer: Whatcom County Library System
Job description / duties
The Whatcom County Library System (WCLS) seeks a creative and detail-oriented Communications Specialist to draft, design, edit, and distribute print and online promotional and communication materials to inform the public and promote the Library to a variety of audiences and ages.
- The Communications Specialist performs and assists in a variety of complex graphic design and marketing duties to inform the public and promote the Library in a manner consistent with the Library brand and image
- Facilitates external communication about Library news and events
- Serves as a member of the Communications Team
- Manages internal communications related to community relations
- Supports programs and special projects for administration; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree and one or more years related experience;
- Thorough knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Skill in designing promotional materials and drafting, writing, and proofing editorial copy that meets the needs of the Library and staff and appropriately reaches target audiences;
- Knowledge of relevant office and graphics software, including Adobe Creative Cloud design software, Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, e-mailing systems;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design; knowledge of layout and design techniques;
- Ability to conceptualize, design, layout, edit, proof, and produce effective print and online Library promotional materials and publications; photography experience and/or experience producing video marketing content preferred;
- Knowledge of marketing and promotion as they pertain to creating appropriate promotional materials and basic promotional campaign plans;
- Equivalent knowledge, skills, technical training, education, and/or experience will be considered.
Person or department to contact: Lizz Roberts
Business address: 5205 Northwest Drive
Phone: (360) 305-3625
How to apply
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter