POSITION: Special Projects Manager – REPORTS TO: Project and Construction Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manages all aspects of assigned capital improvement construction projects and remodels.
- Develops requests for proposals /qualifications.
- Coordinates the bidding process, pre -bid conferences and walk – through.
- Makes recommendations on the issuance of contracts.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts for service. Works closely with the Prosecutor’s Office,
- Finance and management during contract development to assure legal compliance, work performed progress of project, cost and schedule, and resolution of contractual issues.
- Oversees and coordinates the design and permit process and work of contractors, engineers, architects, and other personnel to assure efficient and economical use of funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Coordinates design, specification and construction meetings.
- Coordinates projects with tenants and staff, keeping the end users informed of the schedule and process.
- Works closely with County Departments on plan and project development, space planning, construction costs, and timelines.
- Conducts site inspections and keeps Project and Operations Manager informed as to the progress of projects and of any developing problems, recommending alternative courses of action to mitigate such problems.
- Makes recommendations on change orders as necessary.
- Updates electronic record drawings, creates floor plans, and develops concept drawings.
- Provides technical expertise, consultation, and team leadership to develop creative solutions for complex organization -wide issues.
- Plans, conducts and presents at project related meetings, including public meetings.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field and 6 years of progressively responsible experience with commercial building construction projects
INCLUDING 2 years of construction project management.
Requires knowledge of:
Principles, practices and procedures of effective construction, surveying, contract administration, and inspection sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility.
Thorough working knowledge of office and field- testing equipment, specifications, and codes.
For more information / How to Apply: