Job position / title: Customs Clearance Coordinator
Name of business / employer: A & A Contract Customs Brokers Ltd.
Position: Data Entry Specialist
Office Location: Blaine Border Truck Crossing
Shift: Monday to Friday
Major duties and responsibilities include:
– Reviewing documentation and preparing
customs to release entries for processing;
– Handling general inquiries (internally and externally) over the phone, in person, or through email;
– Completing files timely, accurately, and in compliance with A & A and Customs’ policies and procedures;
– Writing detailed notes and instructions re Freight Forwarder, US Customs, Carriers, etc.
dealing with and resolving difficult situations;
– Providing basic quotations;
– Processing and collections of transactions;
– Assigning correct HS tariff classifications;
– Keeping current with Custom’s changes and impact to the company;
– Coordinating transportation when/if necessary;
– Cross-selling A & A’s services;
– Setting up Customs Exams when required.
– Other duties as required.
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
– Excellent telephone ability to communicate effectively with US Customs, Carriers, and Freight Forwarders;
– Fluent in English (verbal and written);
– Enjoys new challenges and working in a fast-paced busy environment.
– Ability to problem solve proactively;
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
– self-motivated and hardworking;
– Team player;
– Strong organizational abilities, flexible, and reliable;
– Good computer knowledge and skills;
– Positive attitude and willingness to grow;
– Detail oriented, eager to learn and do, resourceful and focused;
– Minimum Grade 12 graduation;
– Post-secondary or business courses in a related industry is a plus;
– CCS designation or other industry related certification an asset.
At A & A we offer our staff a competitive compensation package, the company contributed 401K program, full-range of group insurance benefits, relaxed work atmosphere, a tuition reimbursement program, and a supportive work environment. An excellent place to develop a career.
Person or department to contact: Nadlene Singh
Business address: 2 12th Street, Blaine WA
Phone: (604) 538-6820
How to apply: http://smrtr.io/L2X2NA
Applications should include