Job position / title: NW Concrete Finisher
Name of business / employer: Bellingham Marine
Sets up and pours concrete into assembled forms to construct floats and wave attenuators. Performs various casting procedures to ensure a high-quality finished product. Responsible for performing finish on concrete surface. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen per our company’s DFWP policy and may be subject to a background check. Please view the complete job description requirements on our website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is the understanding of concrete properties for a consistent and proper finishing to BMI standards
- Hours as necessary to allow concrete to dry appropriately to complete finishing on all floats.
- Assists with preparing materials, tools, and equipment before concrete pouring can begin. Oils assembled form and readies form to accept concrete.
- Assists with pouring concrete from mixer into bottom of form. Spreads, vibrates, and jitterbugs concrete to achieve the specified depth and thickness, while setting appropriate reinforcing mesh or rebar into concrete.
- Operates forklift and installs appropriately sized polystyrene foam into assembled form. Installs appropriately sized tubes and other necessary materials.
- Assists with pouring concrete into sides of form to specified thickness. Installs clamps and braces. Operates vibrator to settle concrete and remove trapped air.
- Assists with placing wire mesh on top of foam and ties mesh to rods. Completes pouring processes and rods top of float.
- Assists with other casting processes and other crews as assigned. Operates various hand and power tools.
- Learns and applies safety rules and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
BMI offers a competitive wage and benefits package; wage is dependent upon experience.
To be considered for this position with Bellingham Marine you must complete the online application, once you have completed the online application you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume if you choose to do so.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place and a participant in the E-Verify program.
To request a reasonable accommodation please email email@example.com.
High school diploma or equivalent; two years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Person or department to contact: Taylor Lafranchi
Business address: 1323 Lincoln Street Bellingham WA 98229
Phone: (360) 392-1442
Applications should include