Job position / title: Medical Coder
Name of business / employer: Northwest Pathology
Job description / duties
- Assigns diagnostic and procedural codes consistent with ICD-10 & CPT guidelines, CMS coding guidelines and CCI edits.
- Ability to identify all pertinent diagnoses and procedures for coding and evaluate the adequacy of documentation.
- Review CPT coding for all surgical cases.
- Review all rejected claims when the rejection is pertaining to ICD-10 or CPT coding.
- Fully support and participate in the work flow of the billing office.
- Performs special administrative or research projects as assigned by the Billing Manager.
- Adheres to quality assurance, safety and other departmental and company procedures and record privacy protocols.
- Commitment to a team environment and a willingness to help wherever needed to accomplish company goals.
- All coding conforms to official coding rules and guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Medicare billing guidelines and knowledge of medical billing procedures.
- Knowledge of Correct Coding Initiative edits and bundling rules.
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function as effectively in a team setting.
- Proficient with various computer programs (including Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet). Ability to gather data; compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
Days and hours of employment: M-F – 8:00a-4:30p
Person or department to contact: Human Resources
Business address: 3614 Meridian St
Phone: (360) 734-2800
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter