Job Position: Medical Biller
Name of business / employer: Northwest Pathology
Job description / duties
This position performs a variety of complex clerical and accounting functions for patient billing, including verification of insurance information and maintenance of the billing record. Follows up on submitted claims and patient billing; resubmits claims or resolves problems related to claims. This position may handle cash items, credit card transactions and accounts receivable posting.
Essential Job Duties
- Processes billings to patients and third party reimbursement claims; maintains supporting documentation files and current patient addresses.
- Processes patient statements, keys data, posts transactions, and verifies accuracy of input to reports generated.
- Researches and responds by telephone and in writing to patient inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Initiates patient phone calls for collection of patient accounts.
- Follows up on submitted claims; monitors unpaid claims, initiates tracers; resubmits claims as necessary.
- May receive and receipt cash or credit card items and third party reimbursements, posts and reconciles payments to patient ledgers.
- Balances daily batches and reports.
- Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems.
- Performs a variety of general clerical duties, including telephone reception, mail distribution and other routine functions.
- Adheres to quality assurance, safety and other departmental, company procedures, and record privacy protocols.
- Commitment to a team environment and a willingness to help wherever needed to accomplish company goals
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of Medicare billing guidelines
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient with various computer programs (including Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet). Ability to gather data; compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Two or more years’ experience in medical billing or a combination of experience and education from an accredited billing program equaling two or more years.
Work is generally performed in a fast-paced office environment. Incumbents must be able to effectively utilize various office equipment such as computers and related software, computer printers, photocopier, calculator, telephone system (multiple lines), and fax.
Manual/wrist/finger dexterity required for word processing, filing, etc.; ability to sit for long periods; ability to move about the office, kneel, stoop and bend to retrieve various files and records; near vision for reading various forms, charts or records; ability to accurately hear and communicate in-person and over the telephone; ability to lift, push and maneuver up to 20 pounds.
Person or department to contact: Human Resources
Business address: 3614 Meridian St
Phone: (360) 734-2800
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please send your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.
Applications should include
[×] Cover letter