Job position / title: CERTIFIED PEER COUNSELOR (98004 – CRISIS INTERVENTION & PREVENTION)
Name of business / employer: Compass Health
Job description / duties
Compass Health is currently looking for a Certified Peer Counselor for our Whatcom County Crisis Intervention & Prevention program. Our new Peer Counselor will provide support services to clients under the supervision of the Program Supervisor. These services include assistance with stabilization, recovery, self-advocacy, development of natural supports, and the development and maintenance of community living skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Peer Counselor Certification required.
- Experience as a Peer Counselor preferred.
- Lived experience with a behavioral health diagnosis required.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate license through the Washington State Department of Health must submit Agency Affiliated Counselor application upon hire and be approved by the DOH.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License including vehicle and appropriate insurance, if applicable.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of rehabilitation and recovery.
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and chemical dependency, and effective strategies for dealing with its effects.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to partner with consumers and mental health professionals. Must be able to maintain professional boundaries.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when responding to conflicts or problems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- General computer proficiency, including the ability to utilize electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to pass pre-employment criminal background check, which may or may not include an additional search by DSHS.
Person or department to contact: Cynthia Kahler
Business address: 4526 Federal Avenue
Phone: (425) 349-8454
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=compassh&jobId=171186&lang=en_US&source=CC3