At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of
service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
If you are looking for a hands-on job that may lead into an exciting and rewarding career in the electrical trades, PSE’
Pathway to Apprenticeship could be the right move for you!
Puget Sound Energy is seeking people interested in qualifying for future Pathway to Apprenticeship (PTA) opportunities in
the energy sector. PTA jobs are entry level positions that may lead into Apprenticeship opportunities. These positions give
you the opportunity to learn about the company and work with a diverse group of people while learning the tools of the trade.
PSE offers Apprenticeship programs in: Substation Wire, Hydro Electrician, Hydro Mechanic, Electric Meter and Combustion
As Apprentice openings become available, they will be filled based on seniority by employees holding PTA positions.
Minimum requirements to test:
• 18 years of age
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 full year of high school level algebra with a grade of “ ” or better or college equivalent
Selection process overview:
• The PTA job listing becomes available on February 1, 2018
• Deadline to apply is March 5, 2018.
• Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be invited to take the National Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee
(NJATC) test for the electrical industry.
• Upon receipt of the online application a full packet of apprenticeship required forms and materials will be sent via email for
completion and submission prior to testing.
• Supplementary application materials must be postmarked by 4:00 PM on March 26, 2018. No exceptions will be made. It is
the responsibility of the candidate to ensure this gets submitted back to PSE.
• The NJATC test will occur on April 17, 2018 in Bellevue, WA.
• Applicants successfully scoring 7 or better on the NJATC test will be invited to interview. Applicants will then receive a
score based off their interview and test scores and will be ranked in the PTA Qualified Pool.
• As PTA positions become available, they will be offered to those in the qualified pool in order of the combined scores.
• Successful candidates will be required to participate in PTA training opportunities.
• Those holding PTA positions are then eligible to bid on apprenticeship positions as they become available. This is in part of
the occupational progression as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.
For more information CLICK THE LINK BELOW