Department: Homeless Adult Services
Status: Full time W/Benefits
Catholic Community Services, Homeless Adult Services (HAS) is the largest provider of adult homeless services in Tacoma, Washington. Nativity House (NH), a program of HAS, is the central hub to serve homeless adults in the Pierce County region. It operates 24-hour/7-day a week, offering services (emergency shelter, meals, systematic outreach, Rapid Rehousing, Mental Health and Co-Occurring Disorder treatment, Employment Services, Spiritual Support, 50 units of permanent supportive housing, etc.) to meet the basic needs of individuals experiencing chronic homelessness guests with meeting their goals.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support by coordinating activities, supporting programs and facilitating department objectives. Responsible for implementation and customization of department intranet platform for the data collection and report production for the department. The position is also responsible supporting Director of Ops, Admin. Manager, & Operations Manager with day-to- day clerical tasks.
-Collects, inputs, and analyzes statistical data needed to produce reports as needed for funders and other departments within CCS. Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
- Organizes work by reading, routing, and answering correspondence, handling visitors and telephone calls and taking action as appropriate, providing background information for appointments, collecting, maintaining and prioritizing information, managing standard operating procedures and telecommunications, and updating records and inventory.
- Produces information by developing, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, filing, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintains department schedules by keeping calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, classes, conferences, and travel.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy through supporting the management team.
- Facilitates department projects by creating and documenting the process to implement projects; monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; communicating with vendors; resolving problems; making recommendations for management approval.
- Ensuring the lines of accounting are correct and all permissions for other than normal hours (i.e. Overtime, Comp Time, Travel Comp Time, and annual and sick leave) are properly recorded and approved prior to validation and certification by the employees’ respective supervisors.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques, making recommendations for changes.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
- Associates Degree in administration, social service, business or related field
- 3 years’ experience as Operations Assistant/executive support.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office. Excellent computer skills and experience with Window and databases.
- Experience working with office management systems and procedures.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people with chronic mental health, chemical dependency and legal problems.
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to be flexible, meet deadlines, and work effectively under stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be very organized, with a strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to draft emails on behalf of high-level managers intended for senior level managers.
- Be a positive and proactive team member.
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have an acceptable driving record per CCS’ driving policy, (required to provide current driving abstract).
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s in administration, social service or related field
- Must have 2yrs experience working with the homeless populations.
- Proven experience as an executive Operations Assistant, senior executive assistant or in other secretarial position. · Background in SharePoint as a power user or administrator, a knowledge of Office 365 and ability to implement and customize collaboration solutions within Office 365