Trails & Maintenance Seasonal Help
Parks Headquarters | Bellingham, WA
Whatcom County Parks is hiring approximately 6 seasonal employees to assist with trail and facility construction and maintenance at parks throughout the county. Depending on the assignment, positions will start in April and May.
Under the supervision of the Conservation & Parks Steward or Maintenance and Construction Supervisor, these positions perform a wide variety of routine and complex tasks at County Parks. A typical work day may include building and maintaining trails, removing invasive plants, working with volunteers, cleaning facilities, mowing lawns, and explaining park rules. The specific duties will vary day-by-day.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Construct and maintain a variety of non-motorized recreational trails using a variety of hand and power tools. Tasks include trail tread and bridge construction, reconstruction, drainage maintenance, and mechanical brushing.
• Operate a variety of mechanized equipment including pickup trucks and trailers, tractors, totters, brushers, chainsaws, and blowers.
• Maintain park facilities by completing light carpentry, routine maintenance tasks, and janitorial services.
• Perform grounds maintenance work, such as removing invasive plants, cutting grass, weeding, pruning, raking, and picking up litter.
• Assist with management of volunteer trail and stewardship work parties.
• Provide park information to visitors and enforce rules.
LENGTH OF POSITION:
Seasonal positions are eligible to work approximately either six (6) months full-time OR four (4) months full-time and two (2) months of part-time employment.
All positions work flexible schedules. Some weekend and holiday work is required.
If you have questions about job duties contact Parks & Recreation at (360) 778-5850.
Apply early for best consideration: first review of applications February 23
For more information/How to apply: