Whatcom County, WA
Parks Operations Seasonal Help
Parks Headquarters | Bellingham, WA
Whatcom County Parks & Recreation Department is hiring approximately 10 seasonal employees and 2 year-round part-time positions to assist with operations at County Parks throughout the County. Depending on assignment, positions will start in April and May.
Under the supervision of the Regional Parks Supervisor, these positions perform a variety of tasks at County Parks in an assigned region. A typical work day may include anything from registering campers and collecting camp fees, to cleaning facilities, mowing lawns, or explaining park rules. The specific duties will vary by park location.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide park information to visitors and answer phones.
• Maintain park facilities through light routine maintenance and janitorial services.
• Perform grounds maintenance work, such as cutting grass, weeding flower beds, pruning shrubs, raking leaves, and picking up litter.
• Maintain park lawns using a mower, weed eater, trimmer, and various maintenance tools.
• Register campers, collect, sort and count revenue; prepare bank transmittals and deposits.
• Perform daily garbage collection and litter control.
• Clean restrooms and stock cleaning supplies.
• Clean rental properties and perform general housekeeping duties including washing windows, scrubbing floors, mopping, and sweeping.
• Drive light truck or other Parks vehicle to transport supplies and equipment within the park area; haul refuse and garbage.
LENGTH OF POSITION:
Seasonal positions are eligible to work approximately four (4) months of full-time work and two (2) months of part-time employment.
Part-time positions are eligible to work 69 hours per month or less.
If you have questions about job duties contact Parks & Recreation at (360) 778-5850.
Apply early for best consideration: first review of applications February 23
For more information or how to apply: