|Position||Community Outreach Coordinator|
|Employer||North Cascades Institute|
North Cascades Institute is seeking an enthusiastic, talented person to be its new Community Outreach Coordinator. Candidates must have a strong connection to, and passion for, the Institute’s mission to inspire and empower environmental stewardship for all through transformative educational experiences in nature. This is a wonderful opportunity to join North Cascades Institute at a time of exciting growth.
The Community Outreach Coordinator advances community awareness of and participation with North Cascades Institute by representing the Institute, our mission, values and programs at a wide range of community events throughout the region. They are responsible for bringing in prospective participants, donors, and partners through the strategic coordination of Institute-wide events (including fundraising), and community outreach activities. They work closely with a five-person Development and Marketing team and will report to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
Since 1986 the Institute has helped connect people, nature and community through science, art, literature and the hands-on study of natural and cultural history. Our goal is to help people of all ages and backgrounds experience and enjoy the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest – so all will care for and protect this special place. The Institute is committed to innovation and excellence in environmental learning and leadership in the nonprofit community. We believe that sustainable communities are built on healthy environments, vibrant economies and social equity.
The Institute strives to further our identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity in community and curriculum, works to redress historical inequities, and seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
Compensation: This is a regular, full-time, exempt position based out of the administrative office in Sedro-Woolley, WA with an annual salary range of $30,000 – $35,000 based on experience. We offer a competitive compensation package; benefits include paid time-off, medical/dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, tax-defined annuity and contribution retirement plan, and a yearly stipend to participate in Institute programs. There is an active carpool from Bellingham to the Sedro-Woolley office.
Start Date: February 20, 2018 or sooner
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018 with priority given to early submissions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a high priority at North Cascades Institute. The Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, age, citizenship or any other basis prohibited by law in any of its policies or programs.
About North Cascades Institute
North Cascades Environmental Learning Center
● People-oriented with strong presentation skills and marketing abilities
● Track record of organizing successful community and/or fundraising events
● Experience and enthusiasm for working in partnership with local residents and community organizations
● Excellent written and in-person communications
● Familiarity with or willingness to learn relational databases (CRMs)
● Effective at managing a wide array of projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
● Desire and ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
● Willingness to work early morning, evening, and weekend hours, and to adjust hours to accommodate various opportunities
● Must own reliable transportation and be eager to drive across Whatcom and Skagit Counties and occasionally further, including Seattle
● Passion for the Institute’s goal to connect people, nature and community
● Commitment to building a work environment that is welcoming and inclusive to all
● Valid driver’s license and driving record check must have no more than one moving violation in the past three years, no DUI, reckless driving, or serious moving violations, etc.
● Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and a driving history check.
|$30,000 – $35,000 DOE|
|Days/Hours||40 hours per week year round|
|Contact Info||Jodi Broughton
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 810 State Route 20, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
|How to Apply||To Apply: Please apply online on our website at: http://ncascades.atsondemand.com/. Upload a resume and a cover letter stating why you are a good fit for this position. Contact Jodi Broughton at (206) 304-2312 with questions.|
|Position Closes||January 19, 2018|