|Position||Licensed Practical Nurse – Whatcom County Jail Health Program *New Grads Encouraged to Apply*|
|Employer||Northwest Regional Council|
|Job Description||Northwest Regional Council, as an Area Agency on Aging, funds and/or provides community-based programs to help people live in their own homes and communities for as long as possible, postponing or eliminating the need for institutional care. In addition, NWRC currently manages the Whatcom County Jail Health Program. The Jail Health Program delivers medical, dental and psychiatric care to the inmates at the Whatcom County Jail and Jail Work Center. The LPN assists the RN, ARNP, physician, psychiatrist, and/or dentist with record preparation and treatment and is responsible for providing clinical services as directed.
Northwest Regional Council (NWRC) offers excellent medical/dental/vision benefits for the full-time employee and their dependent(s). In addition, the employee and dependents are eligible to participate in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Other benefits include participating in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), various deferred compensation programs, Flex Plans for health and/or child/elder care, paid leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language.
• Ability to work well with a diverse population and maintain professional communications and boundaries.
• Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
• Ability to deal tactfully with staff members, custody, community, governmental agencies, families, and the general public.
• Ability to accurately relay information concerning an inmate’s condition.
• Ability to manage the stressors of the position.
• Possess leadership and decision-making ability and work harmoniously with personnel.
• Ability to perform all nursing skills appropriate to licensure required in the corrections setting and use office equipment necessary to document and conduct daily activities.
• Possess basic computer skills.
• Knowledgeable of National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) nursing and medical practices, policies, procedures, as well as legal regulations and guidelines desired.
• Experience in correctional nursing preferred.
• Graduation from an accredited school of licensed practical nursing.
• Obtains required continuing education annually
• Minimum one year recent experience in clinical setting, correctional nursing preferred.
• Current license as Practical Nurse in Washington State.
• Current CPR certification.
• Current Washington State driver’s license, acceptable driving record, appropriate liability insurance, access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel between jail sites.
• Pass a required Criminal Records Background Check upon hire and annually thereafter.
• Obtain security clearance through corrections department upon
|2017 ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $19.50 – $25.44/hour|
|Days/Hours||40 hours per week|
|Contact Info||NWRC Human Resources
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 600 Lakeway Drive, Suite 100, Bellingham WA 98225
WORK ADDRESS: 311 Grand Avenue, Bellingham WA 98225
|How to Apply||Application materials may be requested by contacting the Bellingham Office @ 360-676-6749, emailing NWRCHumanResources@dshs.wa.gov or downloading directly from www.nwrcwa.org/employment. All applications and application materials, including a cover letter and resume, must be fully completed and returned to the Bellingham office.|
|Position Closes||January 2, 2017|