|Position||Parks and Recreation Administrative Coordinator|
|Employer||City of Bellingham|
|Job Description||Closing Date/Time: Tuesday October 31, 2017 4:30 PM Pacific Time
The current full salary range for this position is $5,279/month – $6,303/month. Typical starting salary is at Step 1 – $5,279/month.
Plans, develops, implements and supervises the Administrative Program of the Parks and Recreation Department. Administers and manages contracts and grants, participates in short and long range planning and develops, recommends and implements department policies and procedures. Coordinates and supervises the work of office support staff to carry out program objectives. Serves as a member of the Department’s management team. Provides project coordination and support for the Department Director, including department budget preparation. Serves as department liaison with diverse external community organizations and internal City stakeholder committees and policy-makers. Serves as staff coordinator for the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and other advisory boards and committees as assigned. Performs confidential personnel functions for the Department. Position requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
|Qualifications||– Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or a related field.
– Three years of experience in program administration, including planning, developing and implementing program policy and procedure and establishing standards for administrative functions.
– Two years of experience coordinating and managing a complex office environment including supervisory responsibilities.
– One year of experience providing first line administration and support of a computer system, experience in system implementation preferred.
– Strong computer skills in word processing, data management, spreadsheet and related applications.
– Municipal or other public sector experience preferred.
– Familiarity with parks and recreation terms and standards preferred.
– Experience with the following preferred: Budgeting and fiscal management in a municipal or public sector environment; contract development, administration and compliance; writing and managing grants
Or: In place of the above requirements, the incumbent may possess a combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
|$5,279.00 – $6,303.00 Monthly|
|Contact Info||Human Resources
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 104 W. Magnolia Street, Bellingham, WA 98229
WORK ADDRESS: City Hall 210 Lottie Street Bellingham, WA 98225
|How to Apply||Applications must be submitted online. Please visit our website for more information and to apply (www.cob.org/employment)|
|Position Closes||October 31, 2017|