|Position||Director of Stewardship|
|Employer||Whatcom Land Trust|
|Job Description||Duties and Responsibilities
Preserve / Fee Title Land Stewardship
Conservation Easement Stewardship
GIS Management and Organizational Support
• College or advanced degree in land resources, restoration ecology, or related discipline and 3 years demonstrated, successful work experience in the field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of restoration ecology and protected land management techniques including support and funding, theories, practices, principles and techniques of land conservation and stewardship.
• Outstanding people skills and an ability to work with a variety of constituents, including donors, volunteers, researchers, caretakers, contractors and outdoor recreationalists. Strong project management, communication, and record-keeping skills, including ability to write and communicate verbally. Ability to motivate colleagues and partners.
• Excellent skills managing and training volunteer groups and leading these groups to success.
• Demonstrated expertise with standard field sampling techniques, map orientation and interpretation, GIS mapping (particularly ArcView 10), GPS and field marking and associated software applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of natural history (specifically natural communities) of northwest Washington, or a strong willingness and ability to learn.
• Willingness to attend evening and weekend meetings with volunteers, work parties and event support.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, under general supervision of the Executive and Conservation Managers and cooperatively with other Board, staff, committee and community members.
• Excellent attention to detail. Ability to organize and archive important files and documentation.
• Experience working with landowners on resource management issues and/or legal issues.
• Lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Valid insurable driver’s license.
• Excellent photography skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
|Compensation||Salary and benefits package are competitive and based on experience|
|Days/Hours||40 hrs week days and weekends|
|Contact Info||Karen Parker office manager, 412 N. Commercial St, Bellingham, WA 98225 EMAIL: email@example.com|
|How to Apply||Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Position Closes||August 8, 2017|