|Employer||North Cascades Institute|
|Job Description||North Cascades Institute seeks a qualified, enthusiastic professional cook. Based out of the Institute’s field campus in North Cascades National Park, this position supports food services at the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center, which serves up to 80 children and/or adults per day on a seven-day-a-week schedule. Supervised by the Head Chef, this position works closely with many Institute staff, partners and contractors to support a wide array of educational programs. This includes the Foodshed Project, the Institute’s initiative to incorporate local, organic products in the operation of the Learning Center.
FOOD SERVICE AND PREPARATION
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANLINESS
● Enthusiasm for the mission of the North Cascades Institute.
● Enthusiasm for and experience with “Foodshed” principals and the “Slow Food” movement.
● One year or more Professional food service experience
● Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks with exemplary time management and problem-solving skills
● Ability to give and receive direction in a way that models respect
● Ability to comply with a smoke- and drug-free work environment
● Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally and walk over uneven terrain
● Washington State food handler’s permit
● Valid driver’s license and driving record check must have no more than one moving violation in the past three years, no DUI, reckless driving, or serious moving violations.
● Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and a driving history check.
|$12.00 to $15.00 per hour, DOE. Benefits include sick leave and holiday pay.|
|Days/Hours||This is a seasonal/temporary, full-time non-exempt position, from early-April through mid-November.|
|Contact Info||North Cascades Institute, www.ncascades.org|
|How to Apply||Please apply online on our website: http://ncascades.atsondemand.com/
Complete the online application and upload a resume and cover letter pertinent to this position.
|Position Closes||Open Until Filled|