|Position||Zip Tour Guide|
|Job Description||Primary Purpose of Position: Provide an exceptional touring experience while facilitating groups through an 8 line Zip Tour on San Juan Island.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate zip line tours and provide an interactive and enjoyable experience for guests; Be comfortable leading groups ranging in age from children to older adults with all levels of fear and expectation.
• Must be able to effectively and safely handle attaching and detaching of equipment and have a complete understanding of the zipping experience and protocols.
• Create fun and safe work environment. Set the mood for the company by reflecting a positive enthusiastic tone.
• Can physically teach and assist guests from precarious situations including lifting guests and performing first aid.
• Can safely and responsibly provide transportation to and from the tour.
• Must be able to conduct and initiate pleasant and knowledgeable conversation about the island and the tour, and participate fully in the guest’s orientation and equipment setup.
• Take proper care of all equipment.
Work location is in Friday Harbor, Washington
|Qualifications||Education/Experience: Customer service experience or Outdoor Education experience required, preferably in a recreational/tourism setting and in a fast-paced work environment that involves employees working together efficiently and communicating effectively. Previous zip line, challenge course, Outdoor School or rock climbing experience preferred. College education is also preferred.
Necessary knowledge, skills & abilities: Daily responsibilities will include strenuous activities such as hiking, climbing, zipping and lifting, etc. Must be physically able and willing to perform all tasks and work in all weather conditions. Must work well in a team environment and confidently lead a tour group. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Must be reliable, mature, personable, organized, good problem solver, and have good social skills. Must demonstrate an understanding of guest relations and excellent customer service and communicate with guests and staff in professional and respectful manner that instills trust, support and creates lasting memories. Must be friendly and passionate about working in the outdoor adventure industry.
Special Requirements: Must successfully complete necessary training. Must be willing to have a flexible schedule; evenings weekends, and holidays are required. Must be willing to relocate onto San Juan Island for summer season.
|$14-$16 per hour|
|Days/Hours||20 to 40 per week – May to September|
|Contact Info||Ben Roberts, 15995 SW 74th Ave #200, Portland Oregon 97224 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|How to Apply||Email a resume and cover letter to Ben Roberts at email@example.com. To learn more about our tour, check out www.zipsanjuan.com.|
|Position Close||July 31, 2017|